Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ancient dwarf quest problem

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Rachael Donovan
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

The ancient dwarf asked me to kill a dark elven priestess for his first quest. I have killed about 3 of them so far but the quest is still active.

When I talk to the ancient dwarf, he just says "come back when you have killed a dark elven priestess" ...even though I have already killed some.

I'm not sure what's going on?
Please give me some feedback! Thanks!
Portrait
Maul
Registered user
[banned user]

Last page view:

4931 days, 11 hours, 18 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 18:00 (GMT -5)

Have you killed the 3 priestesses AFTER being assigned the quest?

If yes, were those 3 just wandering in the dungeon before you killed them? I mean, they weren't close to each other when you met them, were they?
1l= Y0(_) [4l\l R34[) 7l-l15, Y0(_) l\/l(_)57 83 PR377Y G00[).
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 19:59 (GMT -5)

Are you sure you're not mixing up priestesses and princesses? They're very similar. When you kill the right monster it will give you a notification saying your quest is now completed.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Rachael Donovan
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 16:50 (GMT -5)

Yes yes yes.

I checked and double checked the recent messages and the current quest.

It seemed like a glitch to me, which tends to happen just when my character is on the brink of something great. I've been playing the game for a couple years, but maybe that's why I've never beaten the game?

:P

It pretty much just teaches me to always have a backup saved file for my character, which I've tried to stay away from recently.
Thanks for the input on the high elven princess though, I don't think I've ever seen one!
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 hour, 46 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 at 09:58 (GMT -5)

I guess what Maul was hinting at was that maybe the ones you killed had been summoned rater than spawned "naturally". I believe summoned monsters don't count for certain things. Then again it's hard not to notice when that happens... I once had a dark wizard or whatever it was summon a bunch of dark elven priestess on me who in turn summoned a batch of spiders each, filled up the screen pretty fast :o
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 10 hours, 52 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 at 12:44 (GMT -5)

Summoned monsters still count. Perhaps they died from traps or poison or something else that means it didn't count as your kill?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Rachael Donovan
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, September 03, 2010 at 14:04 (GMT -5)

They were three dark elven priestesses, on different levels, although two came from the big cavern room.

I checked and double checked the quest and the recent messages, to see if it was what I needed and if I actually killed them, which puzzled me to no end.

I hate not having a backup save file for a good character!
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 03:05 (GMT -5)

I hate HAVING to backup your character. I ALWAYS save and then add to rar EVERYTIME. Because there is no recover feature like there is in slashem. I have had ADOM lock up (at a black screen before the title screen) to the point that I have to hold the power button on my computer until it shuts off.

-meaning ctrl-esc or ctrl-alt-del or alt-enter or windowskey-m (or windowskey-anything just to get an explorer or search window up or the start menu) does absolutely nothing to get out of adom

Which of course if you have no backup file means your character is gone forever. Also in this case with the dark elven priestesses if you backed up before he assigned that you could savescum to get a monster that worked. In this case it isn't savescumming, it would be fixing a bug.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: