Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Beginner Help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Summit
Registered user
n00b l0rd

Last page view:

4927 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

Hey guys, I've been a casual player for about a year on and off (playing adom whenever i'm bored without really knowing how to play) but a little more recently i've started actually trying to beat the game and I have a couple of questions, the most pressing being.. How do you create fletchery kits?
Rachael Donovan
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 08:05 (GMT -5)

I don't think there is any way to create fletchery sets, I believe they have to be found in a shop or randomly in the dungeons.

If you need arrows, you have a few options. Since I always play the archer, I know a few tricks. :P

Bundles of arrows can be found somewhat frequently. Arrow traps could also be a source of arrows. But I think the best way to find a large number of arrows in one shot is to go to the wilderness and encounter a group of barbarians.

If you let them chase you around the wilderness, they will shoot arrows at you. Eventually, these arrows pile up and can give a large number of regular (1d6) arrows. Also, often enough, a barbarian, when killed, will drop a bundle of 20 something arrows that will be arrows of slaying, or arrows of darkness or whatever.
The only drawback to this is that you need to 'd'rop the arrows that don't fit in any bundles, which could be a lot depending on how much you let the Barbarians chase you around the screen.

I think as a missile user this would be your best bet!! Give it a try!
:)
Stringburka
Registered user
newfag

Last page view:

4972 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Yeah, you have to find the fletchery kits. When you find them, make sure you use them on logs and not sticks. I also recommend sticking to arrows for most of the time, ignoring making quarrels unless you have a really really good crossbow. It seems good bows are more common than good crossbows, and good arrows more common than good quarrels, so training bow skills should be easier.

With 100 fletchery at level >18, you can often make 100-140 arrows with fletchery.
Summit
Registered user
n00b l0rd

Last page view:

4927 days, 15 hours, 19 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

Okay! Thanks a lot guys!!
Jbc
Registered user

Last page view:

4911 days, 19 hours, 37 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at 03:19 (GMT -5)

If you have problems running out of ammo, then try switching to a sling. It's practically like having unlimited ammo.
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3602 days, 9 hours, 34 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 22:26 (GMT -5)

I could be wrong but I think that it's possible to create fletchery sets by dipping tools (]) into blessed potions of exchange. If you're lucky all those useless keys will be transformed into fletchery sets. Of course, I wouldn't recommend wasting potions of exchange on that...
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: