Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / poisonous adamantium dagger

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

geg_Ma3gau
Registered user
fighter 5 monk 6 rogue 29

Last page view:

4469 days, 17 hours, 27 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 at 05:00 (GMT -5)

Hi ppl. I'm trying to do the game with gnomish assassin.

What you guys think about its heir gift? I find that it helps to survive early on a lot. You can switch to a very defensive tactic in a tight situation and bypass PV on criticals just to poison and wait till it kicks in.

Talents i usually go early are: Treasure hunter, long stride, shield talents, +20% health regen, speed talents.

I was lucky a couple of times and got really strong characters but they died on deeper levels on CoC.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 9 hours, 51 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 at 12:51 (GMT -5)

Try drakish assassins. They're a bit stronger and tougher, and their acid spit helps a lot to deal with dangerous enemies.

The heir gift is nice early on, but doesn't last too long when something good comes along.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
geg_Mazdai
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 17:50 (GMT -5)

Yep, drakish dudes should do well too. But they got no gemology which serves a good money source to crown/precrown and exploit stone gians/gems.

My latest gnome (Treasure hunter, no heir gift) got djinni ring early on, after i found book store and invisibility spellbook i decided to wish for concentration. Had fireball, stun ray, slow monster, invis : all great spells. Got a skullcrusher in high mountain village shop, crowned for lightning immunity + emerland dagger, found 7lb in trees level of COC, got good str/to/dexterity/willpower. cleared darkforge(found staff of the archimagi) for items and crown(+ learning for spellbooks), got a wish for AoLS, was able to teleport (controlled teleportation + corruption of teleportation), had just like no problems at all and had like 7 Scrolls of remove chaos in stash. I decided to go and take water cave items, then proceed to rift and learn whichever spell i could there, as well as gain more SOCR.

In the water cave the dragon mommy damaged me in the 1st round for like 50 hp (i have 250). i was like pfeh, im going to just cast invi now hehe. Which is stupid because she is already attacking me. instead of darkness i invi and die next turn :((
geg_Mazdai
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 17:51 (GMT -5)

Also, ive heard that drakes got big big problems with cold/fire especially in fire tower. i dont want any additional trouble there.
Portrait
Maul
Registered user
[banned user]

Last page view:

4931 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 18:16 (GMT -5)

Trouble? Hah. Drakes are the best for tackling the Tower 'cause their speed goes up to about 400 inside the Tower caused by the extreme heat. You will receive 1-2 damage per turn (fix: spenseweed) and less exp from the monsters (too bad). Cold is not an issue except on D:49, where there are no monsters. On D:50, you can unfreeze yourself with a wand of fire.
1l= Y0(_) [4l\l R34[) 7l-l15, Y0(_) l\/l(_)57 83 PR377Y G00[).
geg
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

Hi again. Is there any way to restore a crashed game? my game froze, i had no backup saves. I ctrl alt delete'd the game process, but before i copied adom_dat directory. But i seem to be unable to restore the sabe game using it.
geg
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

And btw, does anyone know how petrification spell works? what is the check like? what monsters can in turn to stone(strongest)?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 9 hours, 51 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

There's no way to restore from a crash like that. Sorry.

As for petrification, it's pretty useless to be honest. Most enemies shrug it off too much. I'm not aware of any real threat enemies that are particularly vulnerable to it.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: