Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / weap mark question

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

stellarlaser
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2011 at 01:12 (GMT -5)

Hello,

I want to develop a character that is restricted to use all the non-damage spells only (slow, stun, etc) and only uses daggers in melee and thrown. Initially Ive been trying out using wizards but then I remembered wizards get a penalty to raise weapon marks. So I was wondering if druids also get that penalty. Also, do druids find as much non damage spellbooks as wizards/priests?

Sorry i know ive read this information before from somewhere but cant find it now.
ForceUser
Registered user

Last page view:

4819 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2011 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

If you don't feel to bad about star sign scumming you should try and go for sword sign. 20% less points could help a wizard a lot

I think wizards get the most books of all and monks/druids/clerics/etc. not quite as much. Could be wrong but that is what I remember. I don't think there is any difference in the TYPE of books just in the amount.
ForceUser
Registered user

Last page view:

4819 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2011 at 09:21 (GMT -5)

According to a post I found by Twinge on Google groups dated 2005:

"Wizards, priests, druids, and necromancers are 10 times more likely to find spellbooks."

No mention in that post on type of books or on paladins for example.

EDIT: Ah found the edit function, also, found this also by Twinge.

"Paladins also get a small bonus, 2.5 times as much. Elementalists and Healers really get shafted ;)"

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/3/2011 at 09:27 (GMT -5) by ForceUser]
stellarlaser
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2011 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

Ah cool, maybe I'll try necromancer with sword sign. find weakness would be nice. last question, is there a list of weapon mark penalties per class somewhere? or is it just wizard that has more marks per rank?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4233 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2011 at 13:24 (GMT -5)

The manual itself says who gets what penalties. Wizards, necromancers and elementalists require 2 times as many weapon marks. Priests and druids require 1.5 times as many. I think for your challenge you may want to consider a priest or paladin - choose orc or dark elf if you want Find Weakness.

You could also use something like an assassin and hope you find some good utility spellbooks. Weaponsmith is actually quite good too, since they have Find Weakness and Concentration.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Narcolepcy
Registered user

Last page view:

4800 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 21:02 (GMT -5)

I'd definitely go with an assassin as you will start with a fairly good stack of daggers for throwing and a head start on weapon marks, and you will still find some books sooner or later. For utility spells you will be mostly book casting anyway so you only need 1 book.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: