Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Adom windows 98 help

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

wad67
Registered user

Last page view:

4824 days, 18 hours, 56 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 04:47 (GMT -5)

I'm having some trouble running adom on windows 98,the game starts up fine, but when i got to generate a new charector it crashes a few screens in, the one after the class/job picking screen, any help would be appretiated Thankyou.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 12 hours, 13 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 14:37 (GMT -5)

...You're using Windows 98?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 15 hours, 56 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 17:21 (GMT -5)

First of all make sure you don't pick the "skilled" talent when creating a character, assume this is well known by now, but just in case I figured I'd mention that.

Also if you are using the windows version of the game try the DOS version instead. The Windows version is kinda experimental and was designed for Windows XP and higher because the DOS version would run a bit wonky on the new Windows OS'es, if you are using Windows 98 the DOS version should work the best.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 day, 15 hours, 56 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 17:30 (GMT -5)

Also if you can't get ADOM running on your system no matter what but you have Internet connectivity. Get a SSH client (PuTTY for example) and connect to ancardia.ath.cx using SSH.

Log in with username "adom" and password "adom" and follow the instructions to set up an account and then log back in using your new account to play ADOM on the server. Pretty neat.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4240 days, 12 hours, 13 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2011 at 18:12 (GMT -5)

There's also a mirror of the server based in the US now if you find the European one laggy - it's at anarcius.ath.cx.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

OMG the stupid skilled talent thing killed a few of my most promising characters until I learned NOT to ever choose it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: