Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Quick corruption query

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Michael
Registered user

Last page view:

4635 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

Can potions of raw chaos turn monsters into masses of chaos? I have a cat in the arena and I'd like to turn it into something I can kill, but don't have any potions of exchange. If potions don't do it, is there a way to get a wand of trap creation to make a corruption trap?
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4242 days, 8 hours, 39 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 13, 2011 at 23:45 (GMT -5)

I'm not sure if potions will work, but I'd say your ideal solution would be to use the trap creation wand to make a teleport trap. Teleport the kitty out of the arena and you win the fight.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 12 hours, 23 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 08:35 (GMT -5)

The potion trick should work. I'm not sure if it's an instant effect, or if the potion will just increase it's corruption level by some amount though. If it's the later several potions may be required (not to hard to make more, but depends on how many potions you have and are willing to sacrifice).
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Michael
Registered user

Last page view:

4635 days, 7 hours, 48 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 16:20 (GMT -5)

Will take a few potions with me. Didn't know that teleporting the creature out was a win, so I teleported myself out to get the potions!
Nightmare
Registered user
Soul Calibur 2

Last page view:

4601 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 07, 2011 at 21:37 (GMT -5)

When you talk to the Arena Master again, he'll put you in the Arena automatically after he tries to stun you - which may not work depending on helmet PV and if his attempt fails he'll try to confuse you which runs a check on your willpower and possibly learning (learning stat is roughly equivalent to intelligence in other games in a number of ways).

"And now ye will fight!"
"As for me, I feel priveleged to be among the only species able to make scientific inquiries." -unknown

"Be sure to keep your distance if you don't have resistance." -DG

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: