Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Best Character

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Daniil286
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 10, 2012 at 02:30 (GMT -5)

Im new to ADOM but im sorta starting to get the hang of it.. the thing is: i always use different characters,and i kinda wanna choose one that suits me well, and stick with it, is their any preference or just overall better qualities of some charcters?? thanks...
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

My Advice,wich probably game too late,is to ignore guides and such and just make the mistakes and discoveries your self.While adom is a very hard game i really regret that i was not first to discover it and its dark secrets as it has the real feel of epic adventure if one is not intimidated by mortality. As for classes the manual covers them enough to get by after you have win the game you can see in the net of infinite of useless things what you missed.
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 04:27 (GMT -5)

Ya I read tons of spoilers on nethack and slashem when I was first starting out. That was a BAD idea. It was so much more incredible for me with ADOM because I didn't read about anything unless I didn't understand it. Like I read about altars, and which weapons/armor were better than others on the chart, also what some potions did because I didn't know the terms, but I didn't read about what to do or where to go. It made the game and experience better. For me I usually choose wizarding types (because I am more used to those types) but lately I have been really lucky with a grey elven priest and a drakish assassin. Also troll characters seem to survive much longer for me.
Eventually you'll probably have a really good game with one of the character/race types and that is what you will play as usually. (that's the way it was for me at least)
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 at 07:36 (GMT -5)

With Trolls, there you go and of with the age, and thus without life and its experience withering away with regret,-Oh why to a race so cruelled by fate this hast come down?Why hast it and its morbid ways entered the mortal and thus limited existence,the immortality of the undead?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: