Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / NPCs & Magical items

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Vicomte_De_Valmont
Registered user

Last page view:

4263 days, 20 hours, 26 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 08:18 (GMT -5)

Ok, so I went back to Terinyo after a really long trip to the West, now a crowned and postcrowned 26th level priest with a great set of spells and a few really nice items, as opposed to the fragile thing I was when I left.

For some reason, after buying out all Munxip's store, exchanging all my booze with the drunk and sharing all my gnomish candy with the children and Blup, I decided to try and save Blup's mother as well. Before that, I wanted to test my swimming skills and to see how much equipment I could carry without drowning etc., and went to that little shack next to the lake in Terinyo (SW). Dropped all my items in the corner, despite a goodwife roaming nearby, and went to the lake, when I noticed the goodwife heading right inside the unlocked house. I had actually tried to zap a door before, but only ended up wasting a good wand (apparently you can't do that in Terinyo?). I went after her, and protected my stuff, so she went out, I left as well, and she went straight back in! This time, she picked up some items from my stuff (it was really funny and at the same time terrifying to watch, because I'm L+), and equipped some of it too, like a cloak and gloves, and a shield, if I remember correctly. She then left the spot with my equipment, but went back and took some more. This time I watched in horror as she took my ring of invisibility and equipped it as well, but I was instantly relieved as I noticed her not becoming invisible. This made me wonder if the other items failed to worked on her as well, and to suspect that neither she nor any other NPCs in the game can actually use items. I haven't read about this in the guidebook and don't really want to go through that spoiler vault just to look for it.

To be honest though, I was frustrated with the game, as it's a glaring flaw. I mean, I certainly benefited from it, as I could now kill the goodwife using some summoned animals (took three summons, including one that resulted in a worm infestation), but it would have been a fair punishment to me to lose my precious ring to a rogue villager. If the game offers NPCs the ability to equip items, their magical effects should work on them as well.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: