Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Characters that are too strong

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

I have a gray-elf wizard character in my saved games.This game is from before i finally realised the fact that player who has played over 10 years adom trying ultra endings and smithing and finding murderous spear of penetration and getting 4 artifacts before anch and trying to get enough resourses to be an archmage before doing the ultra....Is brobably good enough player to at least win the game. So i left this character alone after i totally owned d50 and won with earlier character that was left as a failure as i forgot to do the minotaur mace before it closed.I am playing differently now.I have characters like Hurtling farmer,Dark elven mindcrafter,Dwarven paladin and the like.Now i actually try more roleplaying and adjusting characters to be more real like,if mindcrafter finds an pick-axe he gets litle gems for later use,if he find a weapon of the sun he blesses it and keeps it around,and if he manages to get his hands on purifier....And using slaying ammo is a tool i never really used as wizard. Now the character i mentioned at first..-I tried with it the blue dragon caves the first time ever. This was after i cleared two greater undead vaults.Idont remember if there was third greater vault at some point. The blue dragon caves was a cake-walk even if in the level where the anciend blue wyrm was was a cavernous threat room with 34 emperor liches. teleporting when one got next to character and casting huge amounts of acid ball i cleared that room.The caverns were cleared in one shot even liches.With 99 mana and armour of power she had about 1800-pp and 800-hp.I really not sure she is worth playing anymore.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 hours, 1 minute and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 at 20:55 (GMT -5)

I rarely get to that point but I guess I can somewhat sympathize. Once you learn all the tricks to a game it can become more a repetitive chore than a fun challenge to beat the end-game.

Perfectly balancing a game with so much random stuff is probably not possible. Most of the time you get your head smashed in early on before you even stand a chance. Sometimes you find the right items and just steamroll (bar stupid mistakes like trying to fight monster with instant-death abilities without the proper resistances etc).
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Spartan Spartanus
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 at 05:12 (GMT -5)

Yeah Gray elf Wizards trying to begome mortal gods before actually begoming one are litle boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.Novadays i enjoy playing adom as a real rpg in sense that it has in character choises,stuff that rng generates and doing things smart,not like a boor. For examble i just managed to do this with a Dark Elven Mindcrafter.Started C saved puppy,killed kranach,killed grime lord,100gold peased beggars, converted with lawful altar to n converted it precrowned with purifier!!!!converted to lawfull. Got bored to confuse monsters to step on the lawfull altar i found,so converted the neutral one back to lawfull got precrowned again,with far-slaye`!!! cured mad carpenter got heal. Got sickened by "Hundreds of my brothers i avenge thee"rat prayed got third precrown,wich was serpent´s bite,unblivabluck. Prayed again to cure sickness and third time to heal at wich point my equpment was cursed.During all this i had not encountered herps and selling loot gave me only roughly 10000 gold i had used about 2000 for food to get str18 and eat while live sacking so i had only less than 12000.when sacking a monster got equipment curse again i did the pyramid and coc up to lv8 bad luck with herps couldnt save morgia/mareillon got stoma/pepper and curagia/spence wich is in long term more important.in pyramid igot in apit of trouble when only 3or4 monsters remained the last mummy sickened me(Whats whit these sickenings in this game?Fortunatelly now i have curagia.). At this point i started to drink all my healing potions,wich i managed to uncurse along with the rest of my equipment before entering the pyramid,and run around avoiding the dwarven chaos knight.As the luck would have it the sickness lastet only short time and didnt wrack me ithink drinking all those potions of healing helped.After getting over 5000 more i sacked it and voila Elderon was pleased.got to very close again and now im thinking what my character will do next.All the precrowns we´re life sack precrowns and i admid it got tiring now and then but this was the first time i ever have got three precrowns with only life sacking.Usually the oll me as adom player would go straight to ud after getting pick pocked and killing mugger,beggar or outlaw leader. and then if altar is found precrown one time with life sacks and then get enough baby dragons to generate to get gold to sack and get the fourth precrown inside pyramid.That third life sack precrown was a bit of lucky as i did not have enough piety to get a normal precrowning.I would not use that kind of situation critical tactics to cheat a precrown as it is really dangerous.It was it own kind of challenge to get enough piety from live sacks alone to get three artifacts and i even got of cheap.With mindcrafter that kind of Single minded determination is in character but i dont think im going to do more than two life sack precrowns with other characters as that alone does not take too much time if not neutral in wich case its downright inbossible to get more than one precrown with life sacks.I allso found two nise mithril hammers during all this one of hunting and one of penetration so my weapon skills are like hammers mases and daggers as i was using dagger of devastation before precrowns or with first one im not remembering it too well.Anyhow this is one interesting character.That emergency precrown happened allso to my hurtling farmer Odo Leggings, who got the Crown of leadership as his seqond precrown.With these kind of larger than life characters who wants to play gray elf wizards who never even use slaying weapons and have absolutelly ridiculous dv from that smithed eternium tower shield and that rustproof orcish spear of penetration (+Uber,1d8,+Uber)[+4,+0] who could melee all exept dobleganger kings but chooses to cast spells ,occationally. Well i promise that the next time i start a gray elf wizard im going to doublewield my two starting rings the whole of the game unless they are destroyed in wich case i replase it with either another ring, a spell book,arrow or rock or quarrel,wand,scroll or potion,amulet,hat or hood,or any food item.
Spartan spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2013 at 09:23 (GMT -5)

By the way Took last night that uber wizard and finished the game by closing the gate.I didnt bother with ultra. First i had to find mana temple it was on the lv 8? on the unreal so i had to look for it.Balors in d50 died with every other monster that we're there.Still i did have to teleport blast balors and fist for they do hit through high dv so it still was a batle not a tea-party,so it was not as boring is i feared. A 50 lv GE wizard is powerful but not omnipotent wich is good for your boring factor if not for your ego. Got mana battery while there so before leaving i drained over 600 pp from left over wands and just for fun all boost potions i had to see what they actually do. Got over 29 million score.dont know if that was high or not and didnt much care. Had over200 unnatural years but thats fine for i had much much more after GUndead Vault so.. 37 artifacts if anyone cares over 37000 kills if anyone cares.One thing that annoys me in this game is that i found mithril spear of penetration as a first spear of penetration after i no longer cared. I think i found it in the guvault just before blue dragon gaves.Wich means that i played this character under 12 hours total (i think) after it was found and never used the damn thing. The thing is i wished 3or4 times eternium spears in hope to get either devastation or penetration but no. from those hundreds of spears i generated the one suffix i wanted shows up like that really irritates the irritation vulnerable part of me,the other part just dont care,after all i now see adom as more than just collectors play-ground if that makes sense at all.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: