Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Skill maximum

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

bobah
Registered user

Last page view:

4108 days, 15 hours, 35 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 06:48 (GMT -5)

Hi, could someone explain how skill maximum is determined and how to increase it?

I have my climbing skill maxed at 75, why? How incrase this limit?
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 07:44 (GMT -5)

Im going to asume that you are talking about adom. Skills increases when uou use it or take increase in level up.They allso increases when certain amount of game turns are passed if you did not train any skill the game gives you a random increase allso some npc's can train with you.Scrolls of education and potions of education can either give you a new skill or increase one you have.Allso wishing gan give you a skill you dont have im not sure if it can train skills .Maxinums increase by using skill,training with npc,randomly after a level up and im not sure but drinking a potion of training should affect in your skills somehow.As for climping if you have gold and have a membership in thieves quild that you get by pick-pocketing 25-30? times and talking to master tief in grime-lords town next to Terinyo. Same guy gan teach you pick-pocket skill for free.You however should not be lawfull as he does not speak with lawfulls. If you have the membership chat with him and chose climping he asks if you would like a practical or theoretical training, chose theoretical and he will increase your maxinum and your skill die im not sure what practical does i think it just train your skill as if you had trained naturally. practical training is however costly this is why if you have a climbing set bless it if you can and start climbing over mountains in wilderness be sure tough that you can fight of the encounters or flee if cats if you encounter stonegiants there might be a lord among them and that is a nasty foe,good eating tough=)If you need climbing for rift you should allready have enoug cold to pai for theoretical training and either climb in wilderness or increase with a single level up. Skill maxinum depents on race,class,current level/max.Some skills are better to max early on becourse they are more difficult to rise in later levels. A man learning to cry, is like a man trying to chance his alingment after a level 50.
bobah
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 16:17 (GMT -5)

Thanks for reply,
I'm terribly L+ and lawfully crowned, so seems alignment change is not a good option and I tried to climb alot on mountains in wilderness and no luck, still 75 without increase.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/15/2013 at 16:18 (GMT -5) by bobah]
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 10:00 (GMT -5)

Well,I think your options are to travel in mountains in the wilderness until you get a level or two,drink potions of training or education,read scrolls of education,or wish for climbing directly. If you are wizard you can wish for magical writing sets and write scrolls of education. For writing scrolls you must have found and identified the one you want to write.If wizard you can write education scrolls without losing mana points.The trick is to have the blank scrolls you write to and the writing set to be the same status and preferably not cursed,and you should have over 200 pp when starting to write. The actual writing happens as- Put Magical writing set in your tool-slot. Have a blank scroll in your inventory.Use MWS to Blank scroll.The game asks you what kind of scroll you are writing. You type. Of Education .You can allso type scroll of education. Blessed items work best allso high learning is good. Other than that i can see no other way than just get high enough level that it starts rising again. If you do not mind a lot of game time passing while in wilderness then that is the way to go.Remember you are climbing in the wildernes only if you move to the mountain square,just stay in those mountain squares and move aroud but dont forget to have a food supply.It WILL take time to increase climbing like this you may have to go through several natural skill uptates before it will increase but only way to train a skill naturally is to train it naturally.
bobah
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 17:03 (GMT -5)

Thanks for reply, I will try.
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 at 04:57 (GMT -5)

Ok, time for the update.Did any of it help?
I´we could have waited for exaxt 60 days but...
Oh,come on tell me,do tell,yes hmm?

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: