Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / what to do to get bridgbuildin

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 02:50 (GMT -5)

So I have a character that did the keethrax quest. (This was one of the first characters I played when I started ADOM and didn't know about the carpenter quest)....

So Killed keethrax and got rewarded, but now I found out I need the hatchet and book of bridge building. How do I get these if I can't go on the save the carpenter quest?
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 05:56 (GMT -5)

Nevermind....
playing longer with another character revealed a hatchet in the shop of the high mountain village.
So I must be able to buy or find one for the character that killed keethrax, but where do I find the book of bridge building? Old Library?(I haven't even been to before) Or am I just out of luck if I didn't already have the bridge building skill?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 20:54 (GMT -5)

The manual of bridge building is unique, you can wish for the skill if you rely want it. I rarely bother with it myself (granted can be handy if you run across big underground rivers early on).

Spoiler
The Druid quest should give you a wand of frost if I recall. If not you should be able to get hold of one, or learn the spell, and then just create ice bridges as needed (just mind your weight).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 09:03 (GMT -5)

ah so just cold spells then...at least my character is a wizard. Not found anything ice yet but I'm only lvl 15. One question though. If I freeze a river to cross it and I am carrying 3000s with strength of atlas I could fall through the ice right? because my weight exceeds 2000s?
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 11 hours, 7 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 16:20 (GMT -5)

Yeah, you want to travel light over ice. Especially if you are trying to cross -- say a lake full of chaos piranhas.

A bit tedious, but if you absolutely have to log stuff somewhere across a river just make a couple of trips if need be.

Upside is you don't need to carry half a forest worth of logs to make your crossing.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 01:32 (GMT -5)

thanks...I am glad I didn't just charge across that subterrainian river that I iced over all at once (4387s) I would have lost a very promising character (or at least some really good stuff).

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: