Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Yergius problems

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 03:23 (GMT -5)

I am still with 1.1.1 (because I still have a few kickass characters that I want to play out before switching to the new version)

I was N- (I think because I just killed him and it is NC now). I killed him because I can't get him to teach me. I don't have pickpockets but I do have detect traps and pick locks (I am a drakish assassin). So what's the deal with him not teaching me anything? Am I too high level (lvl 15) or the wrong race or do I just need to be Chaotic?

He keeps saying I need more experience. My pick locks is at 60 Backstabbing is 85 detect traps is 26. Did I just need 30 in detect traps?

Also I haven't stolen from shops because I don't know how to. I am perma-invisible though and have been since I always make assassins invis just after winning champion in the arena if I can find a pool that will give it to me before too much bad stuff happens from drinking. That means I have gone into shops and bought things while invisible is this the problem?
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 at 08:06 (GMT -5)

YES.It is a broblem.Concratulations you just learned what it mean to stole from the shop. If you are light footed and invisible and visiting shop mostly first time tough sometimes works later,the firt few items you pick up dont have to be paid for and that counts as stealing. Dont feel bad if you keep doing it you eventually have 20 steals and you are welcomed to thieves guild with concealed hands,after wich you can pay for pick-pocketting. But hey its your characters life an thats what makes adom so great. At this point i would take time to see if there is a list anywhere that covers the actions considered shady by master tief. It is a challenge most experienced players avoid but i will give you a commendation if you pull it of it makes joining the thieves quild a REAL quest.
Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 08:08 (GMT -5)

ah that explains it... so just keep hoping I can steal at least 20 then talk to him again.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: