Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / gremlin bombs

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ozma777
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2013 at 01:18 (GMT -5)

I haven't used them because none of my characters would survive, but I was reading about removing scumming techniques and I thought I'd make a suggestion. What if there was some sort of penalty for doing too many in a row?
Like all of a sudden after (x) number of gremlins killed in a row their experience level exponentially jumps so quickly each kill NO character would survive the amount of damage of even 3 at a time very swiftly. Or possibly some sort of drain that increases like sickness and/or hp halved (maybe max hp decreases when you kill over x amount and thereafter hp goes down) making it much more dangerous or possibly fatal to scum this way too much. OFC there would have to be some sort of check to see if the character was still in the same dungeon or if some other monsters were killed otherwise if you happen to meet any more gremlins your hp would keep going down.
But also that would create a kind of pseudo-cat type monster as well. If you already reached the level in which your max hp started going down with each gremlin kill you would avoid gremlins like cats or pay the stat price.

Also with ID stair hopping what about random level teleport after a certain amount of stair hopping in a row. Putting a low level character deep enough that the character would then need to actually "play" instead of stair hop. Higherlevel characters could be doomed cursed confused and stunned then level teleported.
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2013 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

To take the role Silfir used to take in these. If you like to use it,great use it. Most of us just think its booooooooring and feels less like rpg adventure. After killing two-three thousand gremling to hone your weapon skills and pick-pocketting them and still short of an artifact you kind of feel let down. Not to mention those dangerous gremlings you have to deal the rest of the game 6+attacs dealing from50-100+ each when you have killed 3000-6000 dont remember. This is why most pet-keepers prefer to let their pets to do the killing of yber prone creatures as that way you dont end up with hundreds or thousands kills in jackals or rats or spiders as only your kills count in uber factor. It trains your pet.=)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: