Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Hey Jan?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 04, 2013 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

Ok a q for you Jan-Erik.Did something happen that make the old-times go away? I mean do the current users use this for just bulssh tting? No good conversations about irrelevant or what? My ads go without note and just go avol and are surrounded and terminated by ignoring audience. Only not ignored ads from me are when i help a newbie or two from you.I mean how can my brilliance go so unnoticed? Is it like the saying goes the true talent only posthumanous? Should i start by other alias and start lurking praying for innocents? Breath-still-target-so gently pull-the wind north by the north-east-the moment i hear the click.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 15 hours, 28 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 04, 2013 at 18:38 (GMT -5)

Just slowly dwindling over the years I guess, just like the newsgroup (last post there are from April last year about the crowd-funding campaign).

The crowd-funding revival reignited some general interest in the game, but with Thommas active again there is little reason to hang out here rater than the official site.

I suspect most of the "Lurkers" you see are just spam bots, but every once in a while someone new does show up.
Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 at 10:11 (GMT -5)

Ok, now could we put some effort for getting the things livelier here? Like someone who uses both sites mentioning that adomers here misses the conversations went on here. I mean as this site doesnt require registering and such. And as i have mentioned im a total suck using internet. Using only puplic means as i have no pc and google as main tool wich tells you im not very knowledge-able about sites and what-nots. But i do have years of knowledge about adom and would love to chat with guys who helped build adom community. Unfortunatelly thomas doubtly visits sites outsite his own so we have to think something to get their interest. I for one can provide the witty ol me;) and alternative ways to approach the adom.(not just old challenge games but different ways of thinking like wizard that earns the powers of arcana by never once intentionally using melee or ranged weapons,including unarmed or unconventional weapons not even equiping ones.)In the stories section could be good if people could comment of what kind of stories they want to read,i could then start multible new. We could play pen and papper role-games over the site choosing "volunteers" as dm. There could be a discussion parody section that uses arbiters and two sides system. And more and suggestions are welcome.This, however requires activity, so those newbies using this site-sit down and start adding conversations.As long as they have meaning and are not just "hey i have this site come and look types,or hate or barking type of comments ill take notice and answer or help in adom if requested(the learning how to live, i leave to each for their own.). Im sorry Jan i know this requires work from you,but it could be worth it,mostly tough its just self-serving as,well you know,dont you.
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 06, 2013 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

Oh yeah i mean i have no internet worth pc i play adom with dos able computer it has older than 95 windows 113 or something and i turn it of to play dos adom. Has served me all these years.Rescued it from sell used things here we take 20& kind of place dont remember the english word for it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: