Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Paladins and reading tomes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ias
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 06:26 (GMT -5)

[1.1.1 question] When do Paladins usually be able to read tomes without the worry of the tome blowing on their face? I had a DE Paladin that has 21 learning and 70 literacy and concentration and I still sometimes can't decipher tomes or they blow on my face. Is there something I'm missing or do Paladins only able to read certain tomes?
Spartan Spartacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2013 at 06:47 (GMT -5)

It is good that you have put at least some effort to those skills and learning. a point where learning start to have a real difference is at levels 20,25or 30 depending of casting class.So try get it to 25 and train your literasy and concentration to 100 asap as there is a huge difference. as paladin you should identify your books before reading as inheritantly arcane spells are more difficult to read for you. Identified books may allso be slightly easier to read. blessed books not only last longer and gíve more spell-knowledge per reading blessed status allso makes it easier for you to succesfully read the book. As palading you are a semi caster so you have easier time than non casters expesially for spells like bless, cures and undead destruction. Remember also that you can get more per reading when your spell-knowledge is low.The ideal is just over 100 so you dont lose exra knowledges when casting at sk100- you dont reallly need much over 250 sk in your spells as your main focus should be melee and ranged combat. The only exeption for this rule is bless,darkness,light and cure light wounds spells.These are spells that are like core combat skills for paladin.You bless for combat prowers, you blind your enemies with darknes and kill them,you cure yourself and light your way.This eates sk so you might wanna carry these books,maybe even cast from books when blessing after getting spellpower in it.Concentration is important for you in this reason only so it is not a lose from other skill points in level as the literasy is as literasy cap to 1-3 increase max quite fast you should find other ways to increase it like potions scrolls reading books and the like. Concentrate in Concentration=).....I hope this helped.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: