Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / blocking your enemies

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

fgn
Registered user

Last page view:

8072 days, 23 hours, 31 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2002 at 14:56 (GMT -5)

I've found a new way to block your enemies - just frost the water with frost bolt, then make your enemy go to the middle of this bridge and use fire bolt. Ice will melt down, but not the place where the monster stays! So, the enemy wouldn't "escape" from there :)

"wlazł kotek na płotek spadł na pysk
złamał se dwa żebra wypadł mu dysk"
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 6 hours, 23 minutes and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2002 at 21:32 (GMT -5)

OOhhh! Greater moloch on ice... I like it!
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7777 days, 19 hours, 42 minutes and 6 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 02, 2002 at 23:38 (GMT -5)

Nice.But I really dont see the point unless its a quickling king or queen for a low level char.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5830 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 00:16 (GMT -5)

Meeeeeoowwwww... i've done that with cats (:

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 00:27 (GMT -5)

haha, annoying cat permanently trapped on ice floe... Nice.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7899 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 14:58 (GMT -5)

Well, that assumes the cat will survive one fire bolt right? Unless you manage to direct the fire bolt so it doesn't hit the cat.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 16:48 (GMT -5)

Yeah, or you know your range well enough, or have next to no effectiveness with the bolt.

But you could use a fireball... That has a range you can predict, so you wouldn't have to hit the cat... But it also has the disadvantage of leaving the cat with half a bridge to get back by and bother you when you next visit the level, and assumes there's at least one space between you and the cat, 'cause a fireball will probably kill at least a wildcat.

Of course, if you have teleport, you can teleport over to the other side of the river and trap the cat for good.

Another idea... You could use that strategy in the tomb of the high kings... Just freeze the water, lead the skeletal king out over it, and trap him. Then throw <favorite bolt spell> at him, risk-free.
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5830 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 44 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 19:10 (GMT -5)

Actually it's not that hard aslong as your prepared to swim. Rusted equipment isn't that bad (bar weapons), however there's the occasional rust removal items. Also you can just remove ur vunerable equipement and protect it with a waterproof blanket. Also note that it's a nice way to trap cats over the other side of rivers if you don't need to go back there (however teleportation is easier if it's available).

What i think should be included in the game is when you confuse cats, near a river (say with a mindcrafter), they should fall into the river and drown just like the pc. The same with other beings.

The skeletal king now can swim over the pihrana lake, thus making that idea somewhat flawed. However i believe in older versions it has been a nifty way of killing him (or just leaving him).

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 9 hours, 43 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 20:17 (GMT -5)

heres how to do the trap cats thing: make your bridge, lead our pretty kitty over into the middle (or somewhere there abouts), and nkow your firebolt range well enuf to melt the ice all the way to just in front of the cat. then, freeze a new bridge to the side of the origional, but with a space between, then get out to just accross from the end of the old bridge, go one more space along, wait for the cat to get on the end, and melt the spot accross from you (so it'll look like this sort of (with + being ice, b/c i'm to lazy to use color if it's possible):
=================
+++++++++@=======
=================
========f=+++++++

when it's done)

arg, too bad this isn't a monotype font, then you'd see what i'm getting at... copy paste it into notepad so it's monotype.

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 3/3/2002 at 22:18 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 22:00 (GMT -5)

Arrgh... Sorry about that, last time I got as far as the TotHK was when I was playing an older version and still cheating... I need to get my versions straight... (I really don't know how people manage to win multiple times without cheating, once is hard enough and I havent even done that!)
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 9 hours, 43 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 02:09 (GMT -5)

jan: i was lazy and din't want to look up the right tag... sorry... *g*
iridia: yea i'm in the same boat. i haven't even beaten it with scumming like a madman (except savescumming, too much hassle for not enough gain IMO)

ivan.sourceforge.net

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: