Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Roguelike / in-development roguelikes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 19 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 11, 2002 at 00:47 (GMT -5)

does anyone know of some? i'm interested in developing games, just because i'm a pretty good bug-tester, plus i've got a brain full of ideas. a few i know of (and what i think of them)

Nethermost Wanderings - could be good when it's done, pretty basic ATM (v0.0.2), annoying end-game crash if you have 4 entrys to high-score list. great ideas though...
Star Rogue - not very good; could have been, but oh well.

any other ideas?
also any ideas for a roguelike (in or out of development) for me to try would be appriciated. i'm kinda getting tired of the games i've got, esp. since i can't get anywhere near beating them i've already tried ZAngband and NetHack, and they're too meh for me.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 3 hours, 9 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 11, 2002 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

If to browse though the roguelike games webring (there is a link from the HOF) I think you will find a couple...

I can't say how actively they are beeng developed, but there are defenently some "unfinished" roguelike games there...

The best way to navigate it probably to go to the ring hub and see the list of member sites, most of them have not been updated in ages so the ring links are broken on a lot of them...
You may also want to drop by rec.games.roguelike.development

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 11, 2002 at 19:24 (GMT -5)

it was through the webring that i found NW and star rogue and some others, but thanks. and about the newsgroup, you notice i've never posted anything on RCRA? i have *no* way of accessing newsgroups. been looking for a way in a very half-assed kinda way, but no luck so far, at least i havn't found anything i don't have to pay for.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 3 hours, 9 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 11, 2002 at 19:56 (GMT -5)

Well you can post via Google Groups, it's not as good as real USENET access, but it gets the message across (so to speak).

Just follow the link in my previous post to read the group from theyr web interface. Click on the "Post a new message to rec.games.roguelike.development" link, then register yourself. Once you have registered you can post to any newsgroup in theyr system (including r.g.r.adom).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/11/2002 at 20:01 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 01:34 (GMT -5)

thanks!!

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5772 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 05:28 (GMT -5)

Duke, may I ask what it is you don't like about Nethack? I ask because if you've already won it many times and got bored with it, you might like to try Slash'EM, a variant of Nethack with lots of extra stuff. You can download it from the Slash'EM homepage.

I used to play a lot of Slash'EM, but after I'd won with every class and race and no significantly new versions had come out for a while (although bug fixes came out every now and then), someone suggested I should try other roguelikes. He didn't really mean ADOM (he won't play it because the source code isn't available), but that's what I tried, and I got hooked.

Slash'EM only seems to have one active developer (J. Ali Harlow), and I'm sure he'd welcome some help. He once invited me onto the dev team because I'd reported an awful lot of bugs, but I didn't want Slash'EM to become a responsibility rather than just fun. (If I'd been on the dev team, I couldn't have stopped playing Slash'EM and gone over to ADOM instead.)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 at 10:34 (GMT -5)

i just don't like nethack. i used to (before i found ADOM), but the controls just seemed bulkey after i got used to ADOM and there was just too much of everything in it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8051 days, 20 hours, 56 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 05:26 (GMT -5)

i didnt like nethack, it was firs roguelike i played, played almost every time a archeologist cause he had a pick axe.. then got stuck in some odd level, with many monsters and a "home" or sumthing.. it was something like 5years ago... or more..

Duh, troll juice..
Andor_Drakon
Registered user
The eLdEr ChAoS gOd

Last page view:

7683 days, 17 hours, 40 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2003 at 06:03 (GMT -5)

I don't like NetHack because it dosent make sense. It's just a game the was put together to make everyone laugh at it.

ChAoS Is CoMiNg!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: