Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Dreams

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Dream Interpreter
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 15:10 (GMT -5)

Dreams are expressions of thoughts, feeling, and awarenessess - that are represented through the creation of sensory environments in our minds. The creation of the dreamscape is caused by stimulation of the sensory cortex, that occurs naturally during REM sleep.
It is the only commonly known link to our subconscience mind which can tell us more about ourselves than we wouldn't normally know.
To know thy selve is the foundation of self realization.

So I'm here to interpret your all dreams and tell you what they mean. But remember when describing the dream, state the key images, events and feelings as these will be most significant.

Any other questions about dreams in general will be gladly heard too.

Hope I can help...
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5671 days, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:41 (GMT -5)

What does it mean if you have a dream that you're playing ADOM while eating dinner, and strange things keep happening in the game? *g* and yes, that is a real dream I had a few nights back... I know, I play too much ADOM.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Dream Interpreter
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

Sounds like you do play too much ADOM. These strange things that happen in ADOM could symbolise your desire for wonder and discovery within the game - however, eating in dreams symbolises primal needs of the body and playing ADOM too much may result in a kind of addiction to the extent that you need to play ADOM as if it were a type of food.

Your subconscience mind is telling you that you need more real experiences.
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 15:39 (GMT -5)

DI: Okay:
Looking beneath my shirt, I find a deep and wide wound, from which grows a lovely flower. I turn to show this wound to my mother, only to find that she is holding the long blade which caused it. The blade is my protection, whereas the wound gives me the power to change myself in my darkest times -- apparently (according to mommy dearest) the wound not only causes a pain which cannot be hidden, but also gives me courage.

There is also a bit about birds sitting on my Mother's house and trying to get into the windows or some such, but I cannot remember that part clearly. I do recall that some day those birds will come to my house.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 3/19/2002 at 15:44 (GMT -5) by its author]
Dream Interpreter
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 17:29 (GMT -5)

Your mother may be giving you discipline or some kind of deep knoweledge that will involve hardship but great strength in the long run. Maybe you had this dream when you were younger?
The sword is especially symbolic in dreams and symbolise strength and power, with allusions to the higher self due to associations with medieval periods of castles and knights in armour.

Birds in dreams are associated with freedom, and with hopes, dreams, and plans for the future.
The birds trying to get into your Mother's house symbolises a new oppertunity trying to come into your Mothers life - maybe one day the very same will happen to you.

It seems like your Mother is passing down something to you, you'd do well to listen to your Mother for advice.
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 18:23 (GMT -5)

Or maybe I listen to too many Sting albums. :-)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/19/2002 at 18:31 (GMT -5) by its author]

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 12:22 (GMT -5)

Last night I found myself playing football on a field of grass with my ex-teammates (few weeks ago i quit playing basketball). One of my better friends of that team was on the other team and tried to cheat. I was playing goalie.

Later that same team the Harlem Globetrotters came to play an exhibition game to my town against some 10year olds including one of my friends' little brother, I think. And I was watching this game from some high platform above the court and I'm scared of hights so it was scary. The game didn't have time to finish 'cuase my alarm rang and I went to school.

Oh and what does walking in town with some of your classmates mean? That was a different dream.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5671 days, 1 hour, 17 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 24, 2002 at 01:17 (GMT -5)

i've got one that i had last night. i had a couple friends staying the night, which might have something to do with it. anyways:

i was in bed, it was early morning, and my friends were already up. suddenly my dad walks in with the phone, and this girl i know's on the phone. he gives me the phone, and my friends start being annoying and just general jackasses while i'm trying to talk to her, which isn't working anyways because i'm really tired. the result of all of it is that i'm sounding like a stupid fool to her, and i can tell that that's what she thinks of me by the way she's talking to me.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Dream Interpreter
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

That's underlining your barriers which your friends should not cross.
If they do it would irritate you a lot, especially if it made you sound stupid too - you'd be able to cope with it with more resistance now.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 15, 2002 at 01:39 (GMT -5)

Okay, try this one...

I'm in some sort of an institution--white, with bunk beds in a big room; it's filled with kids, maybe eight to twelve years old, and I can feel an atmosphere of paranoia.

For some reason, no one can see me, and I walk out, where I see that the place is encircled by razor wire. I'm outside of the building now, and I look back in. They're going to come after me, but they can't see me. As I'm waking up, I see that the kids in the building have vanished as if they never existed.

Yes, it was a nightmare... could you guess? :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 16:17 (GMT -5)

Actually, that was real life. This is a dream. Everything faded out because they hit you with a tranquilizer dart.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 21:50 (GMT -5)

LOL!

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

7937 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

I think it is impossible to interpret dreams, since we rationalize in the conscious world, and dream in the sub-conscious world. For all we know, a bird could be nothing more than a bird. It wouldn't symbolize freedom or anything, or on the off hand it may symbolize greed, death and destruction. The only thing someone can draw from a dream is how it makes them feel.

For instance, I remember a dream where I was kissing some girl (and I have a girlfriend BTW) who wasn't my girlfriend, then I realized what I was doing and freaked out on myself. I woke up feeling like I betrayed my girlfriend, even though it was a dream. The conclusion I would draw from that is that:

1. I am Loyal to my girlfriend
2. I don't like kissing other girls
3. Only you can interpret your dream.
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 23:13 (GMT -5)

I disagree that dreams cannot be interpreted. It simply seems a matter of finding out what the major events and imagery mean to the dreamer's subconcious. Yes, it would be a horrible mistake to project the interpreter's own associations and judgements on to the dreamer (assuming ofcourse that the two are different =)), but that does not mean that uncovering the meanings is impossible to do in an objective manner. Trying my hand, ego (excessive?) at the matter, here's my guess at the preceeding two.

Iridia: You seem to be ascribing oppressive traits to this institution (white, razor-wire, filled with children). Perhaps some outside, impersonal force that you worry is exerting a strong effect upon your life without taking
your thoughts/feelings/worth/personal rights into account? Anything like that happening IRL? Unsatisfied with how school / work / government / specific parts of society are interacting with your life (or vise versa)?

Ragnarok: Regardless of how you feel about it in moral terms, it seems that your subconcious at least was thinking about kissing another girl. Perhaps your subconscious is just wondering about whether it really is satisfied with the present arrangement and/or what characteristics make it satisfied (i.e. derives some simple form of physical enjoyment on one level that has nothing to do with any other considerations)? Perhaps your conscious mind doesn't like the idea that your subconscious mind is wondering?
Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

7937 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 00:32 (GMT -5)

That's very possible, but basically what I am saying is that it is *very* hard to determine what someone's dream means, since personal thoughts of the interpreter, prejudices, pre-determined outlooks and everything that makes a person that person will interfer in the true interpretation. I believe only the dreamer can truly understand what it means, or fail that, derive some meaning from it.
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6977 days, 6 hours, 51 minutes and 59 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 01:23 (GMT -5)

I don't know if there is any sense in interpreting dreams. Dreams are projections of your sub-consiousness, that appear when your consiousness is off-line. But I don't know, and I think nobody does, if these projections have anything to do with the real life (and now a question can occure: which one is real?), or are they absolutely random. Dreams can be pleasant or can be nightmares and I can't notice any connection of the type of the dreams with events in the real-life (let's say THIS one's real, at least for this topic). Anyone noticed any?

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 01:49 (GMT -5)

Ah. Yes... :) The description of the rip in reality, from the RP threads, actually comes from a nightmare I had. That happened soon after I went to college, a major change in my life because it was 900 miles, or about 1700 km, away from home. (I live in the USA. Distances like that aren't out of the country for us.) I wasn't homesick, strangely enough, but my circumstances had so totally changed that it was as if I had two lives... two parallel universes, one before, and one after. And here's the connection: I'm a physics major, and one of the things that fascinates me, and probably about every other physics major on the planet, is black holes. If you don't know what they are... they're basically objects with extreme gravity, from which light can't escape, and where the universe (spacetime) ends. Or, theoretically, they're doors to parallel universes. Which is where the connection begins.
College -> parallel universe -> black hole.
There's your connection! Probably the homesickness I should have felt, which I didn't, was coming out in dreams. Thankfully, that's the only nightmare I had, and one of only four I can remember in my lifetime.

But you're right... the subject matter is sometimes totally unconnected with the feeling you have about a dream. I've had dreams in which I got myself killed by the Mafia and just thought, "Okay, I'm dead. No problem." Go figure.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 7/17/2002 at 01:53 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 12:29 (GMT -5)

I have found the various performance anxiety dreams to be true (End of school year and I haven't studied or done any homeworks, or, its most recent version, It is the day of the marathon, but I haven't trained. I have heard about people dreaming that they are on stage for a play, but haven't practiced their lines)

Usually, when I remember having on of those dreams, I can find some task in my life, about which I am concerned whether or not I can do it.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: