Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Fulfilment

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7938 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2002 at 17:17 (GMT -5)

There are a lot of sources of pleasure in the world but only a few have immortal assets to them. They're the kind of pleasures that can be recalled in your mind any time after and bring a smile upon your face.
I'm not sure about this but I believe in life each of us have unique goals that maybe we're not fully aware of, some people may describe this as self-realization. When you do something good that feels truly right it's part of something on a higher objective that our soul craves for. Other pleasures like sex, drugs, parties are simply what our body desires and are not always right or healthy for us.

But what really boggles me is why are our soul objectives in life so unclear? Do our senses and experience of the world cloud our mind and blind our soul from what is needed?

I sometimes ponder about my existance, but not in the depressing way, don't worry, but in wondering kind of way.

Does anyone else feel similier to this or at least relate to it in kind of way?

Sengoku
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8052 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

I know my Ultimate goal.. music.. my passion is, someday, to become famous! if i do, then i think i earn it..

it is just something my soul desires greedily..

Duh, troll juice..
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6329 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 08:25 (GMT -5)

I love music aswell... I don't wanna be famous, I just... erhm... the famous part would be cool.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
.DaC.
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 at 08:38 (GMT -5)

You bet.. but the way my music is developing i think that if it increases with even 1/10 speed i might someday hit it.. my music sounds like K-system (non vocals) but yours 30Crimson seconds(cant remember the name).. completely different style.. im.. more like Main-Stream non pop going.. if you know what i mean..

ever heard of Brooklyn Bounce? there something to learn about from them.. those vocals.. ahh..
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 at 23:31 (GMT -5)

Although I consider Sigmund Freud to have been a thoroughly, THOROUGHLY despicable individual, I must admit that I do believe his ideas about the subconscious. Namely, that we do no necessarily understand or perceive the parts or sums of our own personalities. Is it possible we have emotional tendancies (such as fears or desires) that we do no recognize? If our minds have an objective existence, and if beliefs are not necessarily true, and if we are born without some types of knowledge, then it would seem possible that we might have ignorances or misconceptions about our minds. A person can, I think, completely convice their conscious brain that something is true, and yet know or suspect on a subconsciouis level that this is not the case (I'm not trying to suggest this is the case with anyone's beliefs, btw).

I think that any sense of fulfillment is not because of some 'higher purpose', but because it is possible to be ignorant of the true breadth of one's personality. And because personality is subject to change, those things you find 'fulfillment' in are, as well (but do not necessarily do so).

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/20/2002 at 23:31 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8052 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 21, 2002 at 04:16 (GMT -5)

sel-e-vä..

Duh, troll juice..
Element of fire
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 23, 2002 at 19:19 (GMT -5)

Gyr, your supreme knowledge has rendered you the King of kings!

I hope that you continue to write such knowledgable messeges, how did you find this out? Maybe you could make your own thread about this??
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 16:46 (GMT -5)

Ah, me. To be enlightened is to walk a lonely road...
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5671 days, 5 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 25, 2002 at 17:56 (GMT -5)

thats not very nice, Gyr... *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Kayaman
Registered user

Last page view:

7740 days, 3 hours, 27 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 01:36 (GMT -5)

Element of fire is a little stupid, huh?
Element of fire
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 at 15:00 (GMT -5)

Ahh, the long road - but then again it always was a long road wasn't it...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: