Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Eh, need some help...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ulgurath
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 05, 2002 at 07:27 (GMT -5)

Ok, i've just begun to play this game and i'm having difficulties killing that mad carpenter at the beginning of the game... what's the best way to kill him? And where should i go in the beginning of the game? To the dungeon NW of the nearest city or SE? Or should i go directly to the quest dungeon?(Where the mad carpenter is).

And what's a good class to start with, i've reached xp lvl 8 or 9 with a monk (that's the farest i've come) but i cant kill the carpenter! I dont have a chance against him!

I hope you can answer some of these questions, thanks in advance! =)
Ulgurath
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, April 05, 2002 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

Oh one thing more: What's that message "You feel the presence of a supernational benevolent creature"? (or something like that)... i haven't found any special creature in the dungeon level where that message is shown...

I hope i'm not asking to many questions... thanks anyway! =D
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 hours and 46 minutes ago.
Posted on Friday, April 05, 2002 at 11:49 (GMT -5)

Best way to kill him is probably to use ranged weapons. However there is a better way to "deal" with him:

Spoiler
Make him follow you up to the healer (should be on level 4 somewhere). The healer will heal him, giving you a "better" solution to the quest and a lawfull boost. Make sure you have a clear path, stay on coward tactics and it shold be fairly easy even for a weak character.

I would recomend this order from the start: Go to the NW cave (small cave), try to find the down stairs and guaranteed waterproof blanket there. Leave before you reach level 5 (after level 5 you won't be eable to find the wanted raider, and the small cave become very dangerous very fast so don't hang around to long. After you find and kill the raider lord (optional but recomended) you can head toward the "village dungeon" (if you picked the Druids quest ratehr than the carpenter quest you should wait a while longer, it's harder).

Don't try to save the puppy before day 4 (the time limit) unless you are a troll. Personaly I prefeer to do the raider lord quest (it's almost impossible to do both (unless you find the raider early)).

The "supernatural creature" message is just one of many random room effects. The effect of that particular one is not known AFAIK. It's not a major effect whaterver it is (some rooms are downright deadly ("devoid of all life" or some such), but usualy they only have minor effects).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
17th Angel
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2002 at 02:29 (GMT -5)

IIRC, it is possible for an average bard to save the puppy early in the game. I always did this with my high elven bard last year (in gamma 16), since bard is capable of taming those annoying ants (plus find some good gems if with gemology skill ^.^) (but remember "Just run, don't fight" in the level 5 of the cave)
Hope this help you too.
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7792 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2002 at 05:22 (GMT -5)

I havent had any problems with the puppy cave.But it really isnt wrth it.Its better to be neutral.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3770 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 06, 2002 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

It won't take you straight up to Lawful, IIRC...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7792 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2002 at 14:19 (GMT -5)

No but it takes you a few stones from lawful.You'll be L when you do the next lawful act.I let a wounded bandit escape in the wilderness and I beacme LN.
The PC is good only for Chaotics.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 07, 2002 at 19:28 (GMT -5)

The supernatural entities grant luck bonuses while in the room, I believe. Malevolent is like being cursed, while benevolent is like being lucky.

Personally, I always explore the puppy cave in hopes of finding an altar, but skip returning the corpse until after Khelly as a way to become more lawful in case I have a chance of completing an ultra ending.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: