Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Shield marks by throwing, ADOM

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 21:21 (GMT -5)

I am playing 1.2.0, prerelease 23.
I have my shield skill level at 2 and have some shields to throw around: small shield [+2, +0], medium shield [+3,+1]. I have thrown them at empty spaces several times but I still have 40 more marks to get for my skill to advance. I switched tactis through all modes from berserk to coward while throwing either of these yet I do not receive marks.
I searched and found this: http://www.adom.de/forums/archive/index.php/t-12131.html

"Soirana
11-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Also remember the DV modifier of your current shield determines how high you can train the shield skill with that particular one. So a large shield [+5, +1] will train it up to level 5, a medium crystal shield [+9, +4] up to level 9, and so on.

Nah, you just take good stack of small shields in missile slot cast lordy might and go play captain america or whatever that shield throwing superhero was. And marks will keep comming:)."

Q. what do I need to do to get these "easy" marks?
Do I need to target actual enemies to gain experience?
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

I am noticing marks acruing when targeting enemies with my thrown shields.
Spartan Spratacus
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 01, 2014 at 13:01 (GMT -5)

well thomas may have changed that, or its that you using berserk or very aggressive tactics as shield skill does not train with those on and as you are training shield skill even if ranged attacking the mechanics of shield skill apply.
Also you neet to hit your target in ordr to get marks i think mabe iven deal damage also monsters
level and type affects how good it is for marks

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: