Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / fireproof blanket or ice ring

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Toast
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2014 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

I found some info
http://adomgb.sweb.cz/adomgb-0-14.html#0ee

"Fireproof/waterproof blankets protect inventory (not equipment) 100% against fire/water damage respecively, regardless of B/U/C status. Fireproof blanket is destroyed if 5/15/100 B/U/C + (GoodLuck-BadLuck) * 10 >=1d1000. Always the best blanket is selected if there are multiple. Note that in this case BadLuck actually increases fireproof blanket longevity (probably bug). Waterproof blankets are not destroyed in this manner."

QUESTION: Does cursing the blanket count as the bad luck check for whether the fireproof blanket will be destroyed?

if not, then can one equip a negative luck item that is removable(without using holy water)?

___
If rings of ice protect equipment AND inventory, are they better?
Will they protect missile weapons and missiles?
I read that the check for equipment destruction starts from tools and goes up.
I believe I had a blessed ring of ice equipped but still lost equipped arrows.
Does equipping a ring of ice in the missile slot "fix" this?

"Equipped rings of ice or fire have chance of negating equipment fire or ice damage, respectively. The RingBonus is 98/80/50 B/U/C for each equipped ring. All damage is negated if Min(99, RingBonus+Luck) <= 1d100.
"
I don't understand this notation
should that be "if ring bonus + luck is greater than or equal to 1d100"?
Spartanc
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 07:03 (GMT -5)

Bad luck is intrinsic so no for cursing wpb.
Executor crants bad luck and is not autocursing.
Only doom gives you enough bad luck to use doom run in the tower if i understant the consept. Never done it myself as doom gives enemies armor penetrating abilities and increase the criyical rate of their attacs

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: