Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Anyone planning on seeng ep II

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 19 hours, 19 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 at 10:35 (GMT -5)

... of Star Wars?

I just managed to secure tickets for me and my friends on the premiere day 16. May (a few crazy people have been camping for weeks to get tickets for the world permiere, but I setteled for the second showing (at my "local" cinema) and bought them over the net :D).

How about you Stas, aren't you one of those people to set up camp at the ticket office a week in advance, I seem to recall you beeng such a huge SW fan :p

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 4/19/2002 at 10:45 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 13 hours, 10 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 at 20:11 (GMT -5)

heh, I'll probably go if I can scrape together the cash... AFTER all those freaks who have been camping out in front of the theater are gone! They probably stink after so long... :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5837 days, 17 hours, 16 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 19, 2002 at 23:36 (GMT -5)

Oh i am there for sure!!!... however in australia nobody books ahead for any movie, there's not just enough population/area - and there's movies everywhere

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6976 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

I'm going to see it for sure. I'm not going to camp to get a tickets... I don't like SW so much (but I would camp for LotR or Matrix). Episode 2 will be surely better than E1. Why? Because there won't be any kid saving a planet by accident ;-) At least I hope so.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 20, 2002 at 16:58 (GMT -5)

no, instead it'll be a love story.
i'm gonna see it, after all it's star wars... however i'm not as much of a fanatic as i once was (i still have ~30 SW books...) so no camping for me. not even gonna book ahead.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Messiah
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

No camping for either but I'm dying to see the movie.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6328 days, 19 hours, 4 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 21, 2002 at 07:10 (GMT -5)

I have to, my g/f forces me to go to watch it, I'm sure of it.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7659 days, 30 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

I *hate* SW... it's just a cheap copy of LotR ;))

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 01:19 (GMT -5)

i've seen it. *damn* it's not quite what i expected... it's better than ep. 1, for damn sure, but it's not awesome...
but lemme tell ya: for one thing, *never* call Yoda weak. if he were a monster from ADOM, he'd be a lv 500 Quickling Mindcrafter, with Grand Mastery x 10 in Swords and WI at 250.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7937 days, 22 hours, 54 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 14:25 (GMT -5)

I can't be bothered to see it, I'm an ex-star wars fan since EP 1 and I don't want to be hurt again.

Sengoku
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 19 hours, 19 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 18:47 (GMT -5)

Yoda kicks ass (literaly!).

Personaly I even liked ep 1. Sure it can't measure up to the legendary first 3 movies, but that doesn't make it a bad movie, it just haven't had time to "mature" like the first 3 have ;)

If you didn't like Jar-Jar I can report that he only play a minor role in the background in a few scenes (and he's "grown up" quite a bit too).

Other than that it has everyting a Star Wars fan could want. C3P0 and R2D2 is starting to get into theyr routine (arguing and getting in and out of trouble), sneaky bounty hunters, millions of storm troopers, powerfull Sith lords (force lightning and all), and a hefty dose of light saber swinging. We even get a brief glimse of early design plans for the death star and a brief meeting with Anakin's half brother on Tatoine.

I liked it (but then I've been told that I like everyting so maybe I don't count ;)), anyway just don't have to high hopes and it's well worth the price of a movie-ticket.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 11:44 (GMT -5)

If you don't like or don't care for SW, don't see it. If you like SW, but are not a die Hard fan, wait for the DVD. If you are a die hard fan of ep.s 4-6, see it in the theatre out of a sense of duty, but know that you will be let down.

Lucas should not try to write love scenes, and he should have a different director for action scenes (It goes by to quick, and shots jump around too often for you to appreciate the choreography)

The only scene that I really like was seeing Yoda at the head of the army.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: