Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / forum bug

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Stas
Registered user
The Dark Lord Melkor

Last page view:

7658 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 06:11 (GMT -5)

Jan you seem to have set a login-forget timeout to a very very low value... I keep receiveing M$ (why do you use the accursed product :) VBRun errors every now and then... after that I usually have to re-login...

First I get "You can post an empty message" error, then I get "Sorry, that nickname has already taken" errors...

"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger"
Lord of The Rings

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will anger the cat lord"

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 15 hours and 11 minutes ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 17:14 (GMT -5)

Hmm, the timeout value is 40 minutes that is actualy quite high IMHO...

I've been getting the "empty message" error quite a lot recently myself. It's not related to the timeout value of the session though.

Most likely there is a problem on the server that cause parts of the HTML header to be corupted from time to time (every second time I try to post today it seems), so my script fail to find the desired form data... I'm afraid this is not something I can do much about...

If the problem doesn't go away by itself within a day or so let me know and I'll notify the Brinkser support staff...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 4/23/2002 at 18:50 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 12 hours, 21 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 at 21:51 (GMT -5)

i've also noticed a grammer error when deleteing a message (been doing a lot on the Stories forum, getting rid of purely OOC posts):

"The message have been deleted"

should be:

"The message has been deleted"

i know its minor, but hey...

speaking of the blank message error i just got it trying to post this, fortunatly i can hit back and preserve the stuff i typed...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5773 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 at 05:06 (GMT -5)

Well, I've been getting "The document contained no data. Try again, or contact the server's administrator" rather a lot lately (using Netscape, sometimes logged in, sometimes not).

Today I posted a long message, and it let me, but when I tried to edit it, it seemed to have forgotten who I was and said "HEY! You are not allowed to edit that message!"

(The reason I was trying to edit it was to point out that when you have a list inside a spoiler, it doesn't work very well because you can't highlight the bullet points. Don't know whether this is a fixable bug though.)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 15 hours and 11 minutes ago.
Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 at 18:36 (GMT -5)

The server is defenently having problems, it keeps dropping form data, session variables and even cookies at seemingly random intervals.

I'll contact the support people...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: