Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / So, where should i go now?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Ulgurath
Registered user
The n00b

Last page view:

8034 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

Heh, finally i have succeeded the carpenters quest, and i have also checked that little girls quest, but it's probably too hard for me so i'll do it in the future sometime. But im proud of my lvl 11 elementalist with a DV/PV status of 28/10 (thanks to a Mithril Large Shield), that's the best i've reached... anyway where should i go now? How do i open the strange pyramid in the center of the map? Do i need to advance more in the Bridge building technique in order to open it? How do i kill Hotzenplotz the Crime Lord (or whatever his name is)? And what is that "key to tha whole mess" that i can buy for 700gc from the guy in the bandit camp?... i would appriciate if you have some suggestions what i should do. =)
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7899 days, 4 hours, 58 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 06:24 (GMT -5)

So you have completed the carpenter quest? Congratulations. Btw, did you know that you can complete the carpenter quest in two ways? Anyways, after the mystery of the carpenter is revealed, you might try to head over to the rumoured caverns northwest of the pyramid. In those caves you will find lots of interesting things. Be warned though: Those caverns are no place for the careless. Watch your step.

In order to get into the pyramid, try to level up a bit. Be causious though: If you are too experienced, you will be denied entry.

You might need bridge building at a later stage in the game, unless you find a substitute...

If you want to kill the crime lord, be sure to be tough enough for close encounters, his poison and multiple attacks can be nasty for many, or blast him from afar. It's yer choice. :)

That "key to tha whole mess" is just a random normal key. If you are rich, it might be a good choice to buy one or two keys from him. Locked doors can be bad for your health ya know...

Good luck!

Locke Cole
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7762 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 07:34 (GMT -5)

When you will try kill crime lord, try go with cloaking ratling on little voayge to Terinyo;)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
LELE_IV
Registered user
Ancient Karmic Player

Last page view:

7948 days, 5 hours, 41 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

In order to enter the pyramid you must see during the game the message "You feel some ancient magic" or something like this. You will find then in the location a scroll that invites you to go in the pyramid. From that moment your PC is allowed to enter the pyramid. But be cautios it's a dangerous place. However if your level is greater than 18(?? I'm not 100% sure) you cannot enter this place.

LELE_IV the Ancient Karmic Player
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, April 26, 2002 at 12:59 (GMT -5)

Level 17, IIRC.

And, IMO the best tactic for dealing with the crime lord is a blessed wand or a bolt spell with +7 or better efficiency. Lightning works especially well because it bounces, and if you have calculated your range well and it's long enough, you should be able to hit Hotzy twice with one bolt (while still staying far enough away to kill him before he gets to you).

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Ulgurath
Registered user
The n00b

Last page view:

8034 days, 20 hours, 22 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, April 27, 2002 at 12:50 (GMT -5)

Thanks for the suggestions! But unfortunately it doesn't mather anymore, my Elementalist was killed in a cave s-w of terinyo, a "non descript tunnel" or something like that. I went to the dungeon n-w of the pyramid but i only came to a fighting pit, didn't find the stairs down. Anyway i left the place and went to the other cave at the bottom of the map and was killed by an golem... But now i know where i should't go ;)
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 9 hours, 36 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, April 28, 2002 at 02:08 (GMT -5)

lol, yea the tunnel is not a place to go until you are real buff. and the dungeon nw of the pyramid, that fighting pit was the arena, there *is* a stairs down. you usually just have to search a few walls to find it...

ivan.sourceforge.net
LELE_IV
Registered user
Ancient Karmic Player

Last page view:

7948 days, 5 hours, 41 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 at 05:42 (GMT -5)

A suggestion for the "non descript tunnel": try to fight the steel golem with lightning ball (lightning bolt doesn't work (the steel golem shrug off the lightning bolt)). However with my last char (still alive :) ) I've killed all of them in melee combat and I'm a wizard. No spell at all but I've high stat and a DV of about 70 in berserker :))

LELE_IV the Ancient Karmic Player
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 3 hours, 8 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2002 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

Another tip about the steel golems: if you're fighting them in melee combat, try to use a weapon of penetration, because their PV is rather high.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: