Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM crash

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5776 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

ADOM crashed on me for the first time ever today! I was frantically zapping fire bolts and acid bolts into a room filled with a black wizard and his minions, when suddenly the message appeared:

Fatal error:
Not enough items (heap of 2 uncursed cooked cave bear corpses at 13,14 (1 instead of 2)).

Fortunately the game saved itself when it crashed and everything worked fine when I restored it.

Has anyone else seen this particular crash? I couldn't find it in the bug list at www.adom.de. Do you think it would do any good to report it? I reported a trivial bug months ago, but it never made it to the bug list.
Portrait
Crimson King
Registered user

Last page view:

6332 days, 4 hours, 38 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 16:52 (GMT -5)

Haven't seen that one but do anyone of you know what could be wrong when the other computer of my house cannot execute ADOM? It gives error 291... can't remeber much more, I'll give the details tomorrow. The computer is running on win2k and ADOM has always worked with it before. Err, now that was unclear, I'll say something more spesific tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

Joka vitsaa säästää, saa kaatumataudin
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

2 days, 17 hours, 58 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2002 at 19:24 (GMT -5)

Every bug makes it to the bug list, the list on the web site is just the visible part of it. Reports don't apear there untill after TB have read though the report (that doesn't mean he's finished with it it, just that he's read it and verified that it's a real report and not some junk submited by a spam happy 14 year old...).

Lately he have aparently been very busy and not gotten around to update the bug database in a long while, but all reports are still saved, just give it some time, I imagine there is quite a backlog by now...

If you gave your e-mail adress when you submited it you'll get a mail notifying you when he have added your report to the public list. Guess he's working his way though the list from the bottom whenever he have the time, so it can be a while untill it's fixed or closed though.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
LELE_IV
Registered user
Ancient Karmic Player

Last page view:

7958 days, 22 hours, 8 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2002 at 06:43 (GMT -5)

On Win2k Adom may give some problem... try to run the game and restore your save or start a new game while ADOM isn't maximized. Only when the game is loaded maximize it. The problem shouldn't appear in this way. I think that the problem is due to the memory management on win2k. If you maximize the window while ADOM generates his structure in memory it gives the error.
Tell me if it works (in office it works :)) )

LELE_IV the Ancient Karmic Player
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7773 days, 14 hours, 57 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2002 at 11:35 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm last time I lost my 3 PC by crashes 15 level grey elven elementalis droped unpaided scrolls in shop. 50 level grey elven elementalist when I exit from park of Yrruir (there was 4 others white unicors from ID) after clearing my PC from corruptions and just going to 50 level and to ChAoS... It was a great paine and schock.... And how to do not bacup your save? (but I have only starting 1 level save of my PC) And ~22 grey elven assasin when droped items on the altar... And it all hapened in 2 days... Bloody harvester Operation system Win98 SE... And good news?:) Hmmmm my incremedible happy drakish necro found in Waldenbroks shop AoLS:))) One of my elementalist found there Phase Dagger and assasin found in one shop SLB:)... But from this PC didn't crashed only necro....

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: