Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Interesting

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 01:03 (GMT -5)

Please forgive me if this is old news...I confess I haven't been keeping up...but has anyone taken a serious look at the HOF entry Blaadauzeis (#49 under untimely deaths). Seem pretty err...interesting...to anyone else?
Archangel
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

Yes it does... I promise I won't shave for two months if somebody can tell me how lvl1 bard can get past ~7 steel golems??? And aren't you supposed to teleport to DF?

-
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 18:08 (GMT -5)

hehe... :) I'd think it has something to do with Bugville ;)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 18:56 (GMT -5)

It is just barely conceivable, but I don't think it does. Consider:

Exp: 1/0
(1229 turns).
1 companion was killed during her adventures.
She did not manage to vanquish any monsters.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5664 days, 24 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2002 at 23:32 (GMT -5)

lots of training of that one pet she lost. what was her race? the type of pet might have had something to do with it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5831 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 01:31 (GMT -5)

You can teleport in DF, infact you can even place teleportation traps in there next to the stairs so that you don't have to waste spells/wands, avoid the high levels of corruption and avoid dangers like steel golems and Kherab blocking your path.

On a normal screen (25 lines) this is where the closest teleportation traps go -

Entrance       Exit
#####          ####
#...#          ..^#
#.<^#          ##.##
#...#          #...#
##.##          #.>.#
#...#          #...#
##.##          #####

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 02:33 (GMT -5)

Speaking of interesting things...
has anyone else noticed that drinking blessed ! of Extra Healing when at or near max HP, increases max HP?
it's not in the guidebook, so i posted it on r.g.r.adom.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7763 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

Yes it's true, blessed potion of ultra healing works to. But it's increase your max HP if you haven't your max HP. In oldest gamma blessed crystals of health works like PoEH and PoUH

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Archangel
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 09:44 (GMT -5)

Dunno if this is intresting but my gnomish wizard just advanced to lvl7 while just walking in a tunnel in ID. Can one get experience by walking!? OR it could have something to do with "you sense certain tension" message... I mean isn't sensing things kind of training to perception? And I've noticed that experience can be obtained by training something. A while ago my gnomish thief got lvl advance when picking locks. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 10:38 (GMT -5)

i've had that happen before... i don't have an explaination, nobody else did when i mentioned it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 10:54 (GMT -5)

Your PC get a level because one monster die in trap. You get some exp when monsters die in traps, and if your PC need a little exp for advanced... tadam congratulation et cetera and you are very confused... What's up? certain tension is an inforamtion about tencion room... room with a lots of monsters, hostail monsters. One fireball traps in this room = kaboom = some exp;)
Hmmmm and a last word about tencions room. Once my assasin have a nice thing with tencion room. In village dungeon on 3 or 4 level I found tencion room with kobolds and in this room was Jehrod to. And he was only knowed for me monster from tencion room who was neutral:) Sometiems when your PC is very fast or invisibility, you can open doors to tencion room, and monsters will be neutral 1. because they have no time to react, after a few turns all survivors will be hostile 2. because they didn't see you
PC get exp when disarm traps not for detect, hmmmm pick locking I didn't see but your thiev get exp:)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

Could easily be that the thief disarmed a door trap.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Archangel
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

Ummm... My character's exp came from lock picking. I checked the door for traps before I tried to unlock it. Those hidden runes can destroy equipment very easily....

-
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7357 days, 17 hours, 17 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 17:42 (GMT -5)

Here's a thing that I need to know: Gaining strenght from corpses.

I've noticed that ogres and giants give my PC strenght but not always. "Very fat, that meat" is the usual message. Why? Do I only gain strenght if I'm weaker than the monster was? I've also noticed that if I keep eating the corpses I'll eventually get the message "you suddenly feel stronger!". While clearing out the ogre cave near dwarftown I noticed that about 3-5 ogre corpses give me +1St. Same thing in ToEF when eating Fire giant king corpses...although FGKings rarely gave me the fat meat msg, usually +1St.

About "very fat..." and "extremely fat meat", also bugbear corpse gives that msg so could I gain strenght from bugbears if I ate them enough? Or from other corpses that give either one of those messages?

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 23:09 (GMT -5)

I haven't experienced it in version 1.0, but eating bugbear corpses -used- to occasionally give you a strength bonus, if your strength was pretty low. Overall it's a random thing.

BM: I could be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure that tension room thing is your stealth skill kicking in (your assassin carefully opens the door, and the monsters don't see you!). Generally, when creatures haven't seen you yet, you get the 'doesn't care about you' msg.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 10:23 (GMT -5)

Yes exeacly when you open not to kick off the door. But if your PC is very speed about over 400, than you can open door or just kick off and by few turn you will kill neutral monster.
Fire giant king corpse increase your St allways, ogre sometimes. In ADOM lots of corpses give some bonus when you just eat them, but sometimes it's a deadly suprise.

Spoiler

caster shoud eat other caster a specially kobold shamans but you must have a cure for sic

Gyr Hmmmmmmm in this tencion room all kobolds was hostile, but in this room was Jehrod to. And Jehrod was neutral because he is a unique NPC, and he is allways neutral.

Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 14:01 (GMT -5)

Ok, maybe I'm just not understanding your description.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 03:49 (GMT -5)

No problem... my english is terrible... I know about it:)

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 05:47 (GMT -5)

I love tension rooms and vaults when my PC is invisible. You can do almost anything and only the moster you're whacking in melee will know you're there.

Well, actually mosters can locate you if you use ball spells or Burning hands. But bolts are safe. They never know what hit'em.

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 10:09 (GMT -5)

Try make a grater vault with emperor lichs;) When you do it you would told about like or dislike vaults;)

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

Never encountered Greater undead vault... so my opinions may change quite abit in the future. But it sure has been fun so far!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: