Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Where next?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Balrog
Registered user

Last page view:

7478 days, 7 hours and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

OK, I've been playing for one month now and I've finally managed to have a character finish the 6 dwarftown quests, the dwarven graveyard and the pyramid.

I'm playing a high elven beastfighter (lvl 17). I\ve already talked to Khelavaster, so my question is: what next?

Should I head straight down to the water temple or should I go level up somewhere else?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Archangel
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 16:56 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
Umm... If I were you I'd make sure that I have enough "firepower" before going to the water temple. You know, wands of fire(balls) or fire spells. And of course plenty of booze or some other means to recharge wands.

Of course fire magic isn't essential if you have a real kickass weapon and your PC is skilled enough to use it. Be careful though, water grues and water demons are poisonous. And orb guardian corrupts pretty badly.

Is your PC crowned champion? If not, try to get him/her crowned. Maybe you'll get the kickass weapon from your deity and you'll be permanently blessed.

Hope this helps....Ask more if you need to.

-
Balrog
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 17:05 (GMT -5)

Well, I'm a beastfigher so my lethal weapon is me... and I have a Ring of Slaying (+9 meleee dmg, +6 missile dmg), which is pretty darn neat.

I'm not crowned yet, but I am pretty close I think.

I was thinking of heading to the place on the other side of the mountains (forget the name though, the one with the bloody pirahnas).
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 17:35 (GMT -5)

Level seven?! No, no, no... Have you EVER heard of anyone at level 7 gettting through the water temple?!

Yes, go to the pirhana place first, you have a chance there...

Spoiler

Warning: The guy on the last level is tough, even for a beastfighter. Have spells/wands to throw at him. Confusion resistance is nice. You may have to run once or twice, and heal up... I should know. I recently tried killing the skeletal king in melee with a level 9 trollish beastfighter. I died. Quickly.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5674 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 18:10 (GMT -5)

iridia, he's level 17 not 7.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 4 hours, 59 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 at 19:47 (GMT -5)

Oops.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Balrog
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 07:01 (GMT -5)

Anyways, thanks for the advice people, but upon loading my game my character went and got himself mauled by a terrible beast of Dorn (with 69 eyes no less). Sigh, back to pressing that (g) again...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: