Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / ADOM in Win2k, odd...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Balrog
Registered user

Last page view:

7478 days, 13 hours, 33 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 13:12 (GMT -5)

So, I started a new job and decided to play some ADOM during my lunch hour. The computer here at work uses Win2k and I set the resolution to 1600x1200. Running ADOM in this environment gives me a much larger display window, and oddly enough, the dungeons created are much larger too.
Typically a dungeon is roughly 20x75, now I am playing with dungeons sized 42x70 !!!

Needless to say, this makes ADOM nearly unplayable as I am always running out of food or meeting too many monsters in my trek through the early dungeons. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

-Dave

ps: if anyone wants to see a .ssh file from my game, just send me an e-mail at badlok@hotmail.com
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 6 hours, 47 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 at 19:32 (GMT -5)

Right click on the shortcut/pif file you use to launch adom and select properties (create one if you don't have it). Go to the screen (or is it display?) tap and ajust the "initial size" setting. Default in "normal" dos is 25 lines.

Or you can type the following while in the DOS prompt
mode con: lines=25
it might not work though, the command prompt in Win2k isn't a "real" Dos system...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/22/2002 at 19:33 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: