Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Trolls, Longevity, Quicklings

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 03:45 (GMT -5)

I've been playing trolls of all sorts lately... man, do those guys eat a lot!... and have a couple of questions:

-Can a troll safely eat a quickling king/queen corpse?
-How much effect do potions of longevity have?
-I just found an altar in the SmC. Advice, anyone?

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5838 days, 6 hours, 25 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 05:18 (GMT -5)

go ahead eat your corpse... it won't do too much... longevity is a hard one to test (since it's based on the end of the life span which has a lot of random factors in it), but it's worth drinking anyway.

Altar in the SMC... Do what do u normally do with altars, unless your a rather high level or just don't want to be in there in general... then don't (:

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7770 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

Iridia just eat, don't wory.... You should win early than die from aging, but if you are trolish necro don't eat keep in safe place and use beter this corpse;) And if your PC has alchemy skill you should have lots of PoL;)
Altar in SMC nice:) But if it isn't near the stairways be carefull. Close the room and teleport... if you can

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

Nope, a trollish assassin... no magic. Can't teleport. Can't even read... Hm... I will have to wait till I get a wand... :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 12:16 (GMT -5)

Hmmm where is altar in this same room than stairways, near or far.... Use invisibility.... Hmmm trolish assasin what level?:) If he is still chaotic change aligment and hmmmmm this altar is C, N or L? If C hmmmmm convert it:)
The best idea is using altar only in dwarf city. Altar in SMC is the best only if you try make eternium man:)

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7364 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 15:46 (GMT -5)

Ummm Iridia... You should try to convert the altar (if necessary) and sac enemies on it. IIRC monsters in SMC are experienced and dangerous thus making them more valuable to sacrifice (I think...)

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 20:03 (GMT -5)

'xactly... :) dangerous. Which means that the second a wererat starts summoning extremely experienced giant rats, my poor little troll will be rat food!

The quicklings tasted good :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5671 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

also, saccing kobolds etc may be good but as soon as a mean skeleton arrives you'll be toast. well, bones at least.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, May 30, 2002 at 23:27 (GMT -5)

The main danger is rising too high experience-wise. When your level is under five, there shouldn't be anything that is too nasty appearing.

There are two things in your favor:
- Saccing monsters gives barely any xp
- Trolls need a LOT of xp to gain levels

So, you should be able to stay there at least a little while.

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

And trolls in SMC could be "safe" longer than other races... When you sac monster you get 1~3 points of experience... I know it's nothing but bard and meybe necro to in invis can survive in SMC realy long... But eternium man is imposible to maked
In SMC must be altar. PC have to a permament invis. Herbs in SMC would be a great help. Bard and meybe necro... And lots of luck.. The best PC born with borther come back omen

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: