Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / StarCraft Roleplay

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, May 26, 2002 at 16:11 (GMT -5)

OOC: This is here for storage ATM, we might make this it's new home. Please nobody post in here (unless you're from the CC boards and know that you're allowed to). (CC boards folks, just so you know, I'm Admiral Verey. i have many handles.)

IC: Pistols drawn, Mike Cross cautiously approached the hulking ruins of some structure or another. He couldn't tell what it was origionally - a barracks? a machine shop? maybe simply a supply depot? - but whatever it was, it was smashed.
Lying around it were corpses, half-buried by the sands. Just past it, a tank was missing it's turret and treads. There were partially filled in craters scattered about the area. The dry wind howled.
He was about to holster his pistols when he heard something coming from inside the remains of the tank. Stealthly, he approached the tank and peered through one of the many holes in it's hull. Inside, amoung the corpses of several other men, lay a man wearing a Confederate marine combat suit.
This puzzled Mike more than the fact that there was still someone alive in this waste. The Confederacy had been defunct for several months now. But upon closer inspection, he noticed the Confederate insignia on the remains of the building, and on the tank as well.
With a start, the man inside jerked awake. "Who're you?" he said, slurring his speech. "And wheres my whiskey?"
Mike didn't answer the drunken man; he simply pulled him out of the wrecked tank. After all, he was alone as it was; two men stood a better chance alone in a desert than one.
Only seconds later, two Wraiths screamed by overhead. Instants later, the one in the rear fired it's missiles, destroying it. Debris from the explosion hammered the rear fighter. Smoking, the remaining Wraith slammed into the sand.
Mike told the drunken man to wait near the tank, once this was acknowledged, Mike walked over to the crashed wraith and looked inside. There he found the pilot to be someone he once met a long time ago, a pilot by the name of Aaron.
Aaron was unconcious, Mike checked him for any serious wounds and found none, he then picked him up and carried him back over to the tank and put him down in some shade, and just waited for him to regain conciousness.
"*Hic* Well, washya know... I is rescued affer all. Or a'leasts there's SUMone nexta me. Tanks fer dat! I gesh I shud jist wait here 'til someone tells me whare I shud go. 'Is too bad I din't pack more licker; cud use sum of that 'hare ferm the dog that bet me,' yup." groaned the drunken soldier. He quickly fell back asleep.
Of course, no sooner did he fall asleep did Aaron wake up. Seems only one could be conscious at a time.
Mike aimed his pistols at the unknown man, and decided to ask a few questions; see who's who, what's what, and who to kill.
Mike had two pistols on Aaron, both had laser sighting, there is one dot that didn't so much as twich on his forhead and another on his chest. Mike had a serious look on his face holding his pistols and looks Aaron right in the eyes, "Hello Aaron, long time no see, who were you fighting? And why?" he asked him.
Groggily, Aaron peered up at Mike. "Mike? Is that you?"
With a twitch of his hand and a jerk of his finger, Mike sent a bullet ricocheting off the metal beside Aaron's head, and immediatly snapped the lazer sight back onto his forehead. "I'll be asking the questions. Now, let me ask you again. Who were you fighting, and why?"
"What's left of the Confederacy, and ten thousand credits." Aaron knew trouble when he saw it. Fortunatly for him, he was able to shake off the effects of the crash fairly quickly.
"Ten thousand credits?" Mike glanced back at the wrecked fighter. "So you're a merc now? Who for?"
Two more bullets went spinning off into the air, and Mike suddenly found himself disarmed and looking down the barrel of Aaron's pistol. "I think it's time you answered some questions yourself." Aaron stood; at his side the marine muttered something incomprehensable, bealched, and rolled over. "Why are you on this planet, for one thing, and who the hell is this?" He gestured towards the drunken Confederate soldier lying next to him. "What's to stop me from killing him - and you, for that matter - for the extra bounty I could be paid? I'm sure, what with some of the tricks you pulled back in the Confederacy, you've got a heafy price on your head. What's it up to, four thousand? Five? Six?"
Mike looked Aaron straight in the eyes and said "I never knew there was a price on my head."
Aaron looks him back in the eyes and thinks for a moment before replying "Mikey, I hate to do this to ya man, but I need the money, as you can see I have no fighter, and no way off this planet."
Mike had an odd look on his face as he replyed, "What good is money to ya right now? How do you plan to get off this planet? As for what I am doing here, well, I'm not really sure why I was here in the first place, but I was with some former Confederate troops running from some Dominion armor divisions, and they were all killed, I got away and found myself here with this mess, I found that guy in that tank, and well, now I need to figure out how to get off this rock. You can either hold that gun to my head, blast my brains out and then die in that God forsaken wastland, or we can all put our heads together and get off this planet. Your call!"
Aaron thought about it for a second and then put away his pistol. "You're right, lets wait for him to sober up, and then we can figure out what to do." With that, Mike picked up his guns and put them away, the two of theem started to try and salvage whatever they could from the Tank, a couple of gauss rifles, a couple of grenades, and some water. Mike put the Confederate soldier under some shade and they both wait for him to wake up.
Mike turned to Aaron for a moment, "If its money you need, how much cash do ya think you can get out of killing off an entire Dominion armor battalion? We are gonna have to face them again if we are going to get off this planet. Way I got it figured, there is a Dominion space port about 30 miles South, if we can make it there, then we could hijack a ship of some kind and blast our way off this rock. But before we get to the base, that armor battlion is hanging around the canyons that lead to the base. We can't exactly sneak around that kind of hardware, but we could figure a way of evening up the odds. Up for a good challenge like that? Or do you got a better idea?"
Someone I know dearly once said, 'Anyone will do anything for the right price.'" Aaron looked meaningfully at Mike. "How much you suppose we can get away with for whats left of my fighter?"
Mike didn't get a chance to reply. At his side, the soldier groaned and sat up. "Wha... Who are you?" He noticed the non-confederate insignia on Aaron's flight suit and scrabbled at his side for a gun. When he didn't find one - and noticed that there weren't any trained on him - he relaxed. "Who are you?" he asked again.
Aaron offered his hand. "Aaron Davis. This is my...good friend, Mike Cross. And you are...?"
"Jema... uh... Jema... damn! I'll remember. I have a headache... You have any Advil?" Jema ignored the hand, and put his head back on the cool metal wall he had been propped against.
Mike, Aaron and the now sober Jema salvaged all they can from the tank and the Wraith. They had in their possetion two gauss rifles, some ammo for all their weapons, enough water for three people to last for two days, if rationed well enough it can last four days. Before they moved out they conversed on what exactly to do.
Mike drew a map of the area as best as he knew it in the sand. He pointed to some canyons. "This is the position of that armor battalion that took out my men, personally i would love to get some pay back, however regardless of my personal feelings, we have to fight that battalion anyway. They will notice us moveing around for a radius of 3 miles, now if we were to go around that, then we would just die in the desert. The only way is to go throught that canyon and come out at the space port city of New Ankara. That is a Dominion controlled town, but back in the old days we used that city for a lot of undercover work on smuggling rings, I have a freind there who could possibly be able to help us get a ship, but it will cost us a few bucks! Or we could try and hijack a ship. Anyone got some input?"

OOC: I did a fair bit of editing, to make it flow, changed some verb tenses and made Jema "drunken soldier" until they learned his name.

ivan.sourceforge.net

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: