Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / wilderness encounters

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2002 at 21:29 (GMT -5)

This is direct copy paste from a text file. What it is is a list of possible wilderness encounters, what they are, where they occur, and what levels they occur at.
If you have an addition/correction, lemme know.

wilderness encounters

called: effect: occurs (place/level)

A skeleton patrol. A horde of skeletons. Pyramid Road/1-?
A lone necromancer. One necromancer. Pyramid Road/1-?
A group of outlaws. Several outlaws, a few outlaw leaders. Pyramid Road/1-?
A pilgrimage of chaos monks. A horde chaos brothers and sisters. Pyramid Road/1-?
A gnoll warband. A horde of gnolls. Pyramid Road/?-?
A horde of lizard men. Many lizard men, a few cave lizards. Swamps/1-?
A horde of giant frogs. Many giant frogs. Swamps/1-?
A black dragon. One black dragon. Swamps/?-?
A large jackal pack. Many jackals. Plains/1-?
A roving barbarian group. Many barbarians, a few barbarian leaders. Plains/1-?
A hobgoblin patrol. Several hobgoblins, a few hobgoblin cheifs. Plains/1-?
A group of bandits. Many bandits, a few outlaws. Forest/1-?
An orcish patrol. Many orcs, a few orc scorchers. Forest/1-?
A wandering wizard. One black wizard. Hills/1-?
An outlaw band. A few outlaws. Hills/1-?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 at 05:54 (GMT -5)

Duke, have you seen my web page with tables of wilderness encounters? I've just updated it to incorporate your information about where some encounters can occur.

I'm pretty sure my page has every possible encounter, because I took the list from the exe, but it doesn't have the possible places for many of them, and it doesn't yet have minimum levels. I keep forgetting that every time I have a wilderness encounter I should note down where it occurred.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 19 hours, 9 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 at 15:00 (GMT -5)

i didn't know it existed. thanks!
some corrections:

Huge Grizzly Bear: occurs in Forest
Pack of Wild Dogs: occurs in Plains
Roving Barbarian Group: occurs in Plains
Wandering Brown Bear: occurs in Forest
Lone Black Dragon: are you sure it occurs on Plains?
Lone Red Dragon: occurs in Mountains
Gnoll War Party: occurs in Mountains

also if you would rather use my real name ("Adam Smith" rather than "Duke Ravage") i'd be fine with it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 15 hours, 49 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 at 15:59 (GMT -5)

I've seen Black Dragons in swamps only, myself. Could be both though. I don't usually spend a lot of time in the wilderness.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5766 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 at 16:38 (GMT -5)

Thanks, I've updated it, and I'll sort it into a more logical order when I have time. (The idea was to have encounters which occur in the same place together - the problem was that I didn't know for sure where most encounters occur.) I once spent a lot of time wandering the plains because I incorrectly thought giant boars could be found there, and I thought I'd run into a lone black dragon while doing that, but I suppose I could have entered the swamps.

Duke, I now use your real name when acknowledging your help on my ADOM pages. My real name is Eva, if you didn't already know. Would anyone else prefer their real name to be used on my pages? If so, let me know and I'll change it.
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

Eka: You can get quickling raiding parties and ogre armies in plains. My current winner char (L50 human wizard) has been roaming the wilderness for a long time gaining stats. ATM I'm hunting quicklings for speed (ATM 301 while bloated) in the plains underneath the river. There are also ogre armies containing an emperor and several lords (very useful for the ogre maguses alone). Currently I'm aiming to raise all stats to 99 without Garth-scumming (though it probably doesn't matter anymore now that the gate is closed, guess I'm free to do whatever I like now). Game time is probably > 200 days already (haven't looked lately) but after closing the gate I was back in Terinyo by day 45 or something (not bad, huh ?).

DOes anyone have good ideas where I could easily get booze or carrot juice (for Ygazz). I have a recipe for booze from carrot juice+pepper petal and there is a place where I can get unlimited amount of pepper petals.
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7763 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 11:24 (GMT -5)

Hmmmmm "ancient blue dragon caves" there a lots of dragons = lots of all but be carefull

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 13:44 (GMT -5)

Been there. Easy pickings for such a tough cookie. 'specially with Wyrmlance. Booze and carrot juice are not so common though...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: