Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Best Randomly-found weapon?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7352 days, 8 hours, 33 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Friday, June 07, 2002 at 23:32 (GMT -5)

What do you think would be the best randomly found weapon? I'm thinking a pair of wicked phase daggers of mayhem? or perhaps poisonous phase daggers vampirism? :)

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5671 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2002 at 03:46 (GMT -5)

Those would both be nice, except for the fact that phase daggers cannot have pre/suffixes. neither can maces of disruption, or whips of the snake, or etc.
personally i think a wicked eternium two-handed sword of devestation (or mayhem) would be a *very* nice wepon to have. heck, a hand axe of devestation is a pretty nice toy. 5d6+something, and 1 handed.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7352 days, 8 hours, 33 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 08, 2002 at 11:34 (GMT -5)

I wonder if a poisonous FOOBAR of poison would be twice as good? I thought any item could be modified(not artifacts though)

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7364 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 09, 2002 at 14:19 (GMT -5)

Well...my dark elven wizard found weeping broadsword of devastation 5d7+5 from ID. That was nice... and also one handed.

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 09, 2002 at 20:01 (GMT -5)

not only that for damage, also made baddys bleed.
Hmm, is it possible for zombies & the like to bleed?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7364 days, 19 hours, 44 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

I don't think so. AFAIK zombies and other undead monsters are animated corpses. They don't have any blood in their veins. Or if they have their heart won't beat so... I'm not sure. Better ideas, anyone?

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7906 days, 22 hours, 13 minutes and 32 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 at 06:49 (GMT -5)

Well, anyone who have played Resident Evil? Or seen the great movie with the same name? The zombies there sure have blood anyway.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 days, 5 hours, 41 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2002 at 16:14 (GMT -5)

Sure Zombies have blood, however they are already dead, posion have no effect. Only massive physical dammage can shut them down...

Granted some posions can break down tissue, effecticaly "melting" it's victim from inside, but not even this wold have much inpact on a zombie, first of all the posion would just stay in the would where it was injected, because they don't have a working sirculatory system, and secondly they are already decaying, and if you can animate a skeleton a zombie won't be to much affected by having some of it's "juicy bits" go all mushy...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 00:20 (GMT -5)

IMHO zombies should turn into skeletons after a while (2 or 3 game-days or something)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7770 days, 15 hours, 45 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 06:43 (GMT -5)

No, zombies don't turn into sceletons... Because only magic animated theirs... They haven't metabolism. Theirs "body" didn't decay... All undeads should be destroyd after death theirs master...
And the best weapon?:)
Hmmmm for low experienced PC something with lots of dices... But later only murdereus anything of penetration... Lots of critical hits, lots of deamge, greater demage. When your strenght/dex is very high. Dices are only a little part of all demage generated by weapon and/or PC.

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5838 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 19:03 (GMT -5)

An (?) one handed spear of penetration definately because there's guaranteed artifact spears later in the game... and you can use a shield too. From the list of possible prefixes it seems that murderous is the best... so there you have it... the best weapon (IMO)

Murderous eternium spear of penetration [50s]

However it does need some scrolls of accuracy and damage to improve it.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 21:07 (GMT -5)

hmm, dougy I think that would be "A", not "An", but I'm not sure. usually people don't say "A(n) One"... but if you want to aviod it completely you could say "A single-handed ...." instead. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 13, 2002 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

Eternium spear weight only 25 stones:)
But hmmmm in version 1 there is very simple increase dexterity to 99... And it's very temptation to use whips... Whips of slaughtering is very nice weapon

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Requin De La Croix
Registered user
Undead Slayer

Last page view:

7984 days, 20 hours, 29 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

Going to the cave where the opponents get tougher and whare you can find waterproof blanket. on the first level there is often some good item. for example i´ve found eternium two handed sword, quarterstaff of the magi{ma+6}, mithril platemails, number of different kinds of weapon of devastations, murders and such. My research has proven that there is always one exceptional item on the first floor. just gather everyitem in the level and wear/wield/identify them.

"Se parhaiten nauraa, jolla on vahvimmat lääkkeet"
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 24, 2002 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

there always seems to be a quarterstaff of some kind in the SMC also.

ivan.sourceforge.net
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7606 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2002 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

Yes, always at least one quarterstaff, clothes...It can make any chara a killer in the beginning if you find an eternium halberd of devastation. Even a hurtling merchant.

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 01:40 (GMT -5)

Whoa there, man! Don't dis hurthling merchants.

They're a LOT more powerful than one might think, and much easier than many other combos.
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7606 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes and 54 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

Oh? For example?

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Gyr Returned
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 at 05:02 (GMT -5)

Better, at least for me and the way I play, than ANY farmer, any non-trollish healer, easier at low levels than your average mindcrafter, most low-con race thieves.

I actually tend to do better with them than with most warrior classes, though that's probably just me.
Machino85
Registered user
Legendary Save Scummer

Last page view:

7916 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, August 31, 2002 at 14:03 (GMT -5)

I once found a holy eternium two-handed sword of devastation (+18, 7d#+#). oops, I forgot the numbers, but they were high. Staves of the Magi with a +7 Ma are not too shabby (or rare) either.
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6086 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 06, 2002 at 11:18 (GMT -5)

up to me the best is dual-wielded swift eternium spear of the eagle! +5spd*2 +5spd*2 +4Pe*2! Wow you'll get +20spd +8Pe %)) +great bonus to DV once Grand Mastered ;)

differently yours
ossi
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

is quaterstaff 2d10+3 good?
which quatersaff is best?
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 at 10:10 (GMT -5)

"murdereus eternium quaterstaff of penetration";)
But what hapend with your eternium quaterstuff? It should be 2d10 + (9-13)

Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3125 days, 10 hours, 16 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 16, 2002 at 12:40 (GMT -5)

IIRC the Eterinium 2HS of Dev. should be +18 11d6+(18+ some more don't remeber how much does dev. give here).
Maybe you found a Holy Adamantium 2HS of dev? Or of other metal lesser than Eterinium? Then the dice should fit.
The best Staff IMHO is quicksilver staff OR staff of power (the one that gives bonus to Wi - once found one that gave +7 - great for ball spells, esp. when combined with orb of Water and Preserver ;P)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: