Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Fighters - useless?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Balrog
Registered user

Last page view:

7478 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 14:13 (GMT -5)

It just seems to me that fighters just aren't good enough when compared to barbarians, beastfighters, paladins and rangers. They get fewer good starting skills and their PV bonus ability doesn't really do anythin (yay, I get to add 7% to my PV - let's see chain mail gives me a PV of 5, add 7% to that, then round down, and look, I still have 5!)

It just seems to me that they should be a little better than this. What do you guys think? Do you play fighters, or do you just go with the other classes?

-Balrog
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7355 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 15:12 (GMT -5)

In general, a level 50 magic user can do about the same damage in melee and tons more with spells when compared to a fighter...but a fighter is much easier to start with. I've always heard that barbarians aren't as good as fighters, and that fighters are the best melee-ers in the game. Rangers are better with light weapons and bows, and paladins are more spell-based and sacrifice a little fighting ability. Beastfighters can't deal the same damage, but make it up by often being faster and more accurate, things like that. For raw damage, barbarian is best, but fighter is overall probably better because they are more balanced. Personally, my favorite out of the whole group is paladin, because his natural abilities are really nice, especially the chaos resistance!

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Balrog
Registered user

Last page view:

7478 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 15:38 (GMT -5)

Level 50 !? Forget that. I've been playing for 2 months now and the highest I have gotten is 17...
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5674 days, 17 hours, 55 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 17:06 (GMT -5)

hehe, i've been playing probably a year and my best was 19...
personally i like fighters. that 7% isn't very gooc, but it then becomes 15%, then 25%, and at that point you have lots of PV, so it really adds up.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 17, 2002 at 18:13 (GMT -5)

yeah...25% with 100 pv means that you are basically undamagable except by huge monsters

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7610 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 at 08:52 (GMT -5)

And no one is insane enough to go near such a huge monster...ok, that is not true. With every character, I test if I am strong enough to melee molochs. But I am insane. So HAH!

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 18, 2002 at 16:16 (GMT -5)

get speed of around 400 and a high DV...and molochs are a joke...

Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 19, 2002 at 12:19 (GMT -5)

Usually lvl 20 charas don't have speed of 400 and high DV ^_^
But if you do have demon slaying weapons, molochs are a joke at almost any level.
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7610 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 03:46 (GMT -5)

This is what happens when forget to log in...

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 16:07 (GMT -5)

lol...that's a quote I gotta right down...

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: