Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / What the heck!?!?!?!?!

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Elvis
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 16:59 (GMT -5)

I have a 12 level dark elven wizard in chaos dungeon (just before the dwarf city, I think). When I reached level 12 the spell costs were lowered (4 example Lightning bolt - 7pp) and a few turns later they (without any sign or communicate) became very costfull - Lightning bolt - 16pp!!!! What did I do wrong?? Is it a bug in ADOM (1.0.0) or just a programmist`s sick joke?? Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp please!!!!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5674 days, 6 hours, 9 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

i believe that what may have happened, is your spell memory (the 1st number) ran low. when it gets below ~75, the spell starts costing more.... and more.... and more, until it gets pretty costly for your last casting.
hmm... i just realized something... has anyone else noticed that elementalists seem to be immune to this?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Elvis
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 17:23 (GMT -5)

But all spell cost are raised.. (for example I used 'Remove curse only once; it previously cost about 20pp and now it costs 46! The remember no. is about 500...). Maybe it`s because I always 'dissapear' spell books by learning them constantly? (I do this to spare carryig capacity...). Or maybe it`s because I learned too much spells (about A-K :-) How to get my cute spell costs back? With such high costs I won`t usrvive next level (and the previous one either...) Heeeeeelp! :-) BTW. Tanks :-)

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/20/2002 at 17:25 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5776 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 17:49 (GMT -5)

Is it by any chance Silvernight or Darknight? Chaotic characters have increased spell costs on Silvernight and decreased on Darknight. Lawful (and neutral?) characters have them increased on Darknight and decreased on Silvernight.

Another possibility is that you're in a special room where "The air in this room is stale in a highly unnatural way."
Elvis
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 18:04 (GMT -5)

Nope. I solved it. Well it`s quite funny... I didn`t mention that I ate a whole bunch of large/iron rations herbs and potions (not to loose them...) and I was extremely-mega-hyper-ultra-bloated :-) My speed was reduced by 20 and (I suppose my spellcost were reduced because it too...). When I got out of the dungeon and got 'satiated' everything went back to normal :-) BTW. What does that mean: "a rat ran between your feet and dissapeared in a hole " (it`s more or less this). BTW2. How to vanquish this damned Clay (asshole) golem? :-) Neither acid nor lightning bolts deal any damage to it. It keeps 'shrugging them off'. I`m to weak for meelee combat... Any ideas? THX 4 help.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3767 days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 04:05 (GMT -5)

Hey, is that a GB update?... I didn't know being "bloated" gave you higher spell costs.

As for the golem... have you got teleport and a Ball spell? Cast the spell, then teleport away, repeat. If you have enough HP, you might only have to teleport away to heal up, and you could also use high-effectivity Burning Hands... anyway, that's a good tactic for dealing with big nasty things that shrug off your bolts.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/23/2002 at 04:05 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Elvis
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 08:05 (GMT -5)

The problem is that I can`t find any bookshop or any Burning Hands Spellbook... I`ve got the acid bolt but most of golems keep 'resisting it'. How come they sometimes shrug the bolts off and sometimes don`t (the same creature I mean)?? THNX 4 HLP!!!!
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7788 days, 16 hours, 7 minutes and 36 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

Thats because theyre Resistant. They arent immune.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/30/2002 at 14:07 (GMT -5) by Tha Messiah]
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7910 days, 1 hour, 31 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 29, 2002 at 16:44 (GMT -5)

The higher efficiency you have in a bolt spell, the more likely it is that monsters won't shrug 'em off. Though chances are they will shrug 'em off anyway. Doh! hehe

Locke Cole

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: