Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Corrpted wizard....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Elvis
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 at 13:28 (GMT -5)

How to get rid of corruption? Where to get prper potions? I tried severly with Yaggaz (using save scumming) and I succeded in cure corruption potion, but it didn`t help ma. I was still corrupted and didn`t lose any of 'corrutous abilities' (I want to get rid of mana battery stuff...). Any ideas? Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp please! :-)
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7607 days, 57 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 at 14:10 (GMT -5)

Bug temple has 6 cursed scrolls of cure corruption. High mountain village has one scroll of cure corruption. That should help some...And always remember to bless them before using!

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5671 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 22, 2002 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

also if your neutral when you talk to the dwarven mystic he'll give you SoChR.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 04:06 (GMT -5)

Maybe. :(

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Elvis
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 08:09 (GMT -5)

I`m chaotic (can`t help it...?) so probably this was the reason the guy said: 'you are not the one... blah, blah' and dissapeared... I got the 6 potions from bug temple but I have no idea how to bless them... I keep sacryfying sis, will I be able to bless items just by putting them on the altar? How to bless items??
Zaoldyeck
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 11:19 (GMT -5)

Dipping items into holy water will bless them. You can bless several items of the same kind in single dipping if the items are small enough (e.g. potions, scrolls, amulet etc.), (but not for weapons and armor of course). Another hint: Dipping 4 normal potions of water into a potion of holy water will make 4 potions of holy water. (sounds nice right?)
P.S.: guess that you've already know where to obtain holy water....
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7786 days, 26 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 28, 2002 at 14:51 (GMT -5)

Also sell your sis and sacc the money.Its better.

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5671 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, June 30, 2002 at 19:57 (GMT -5)

esp if you are a dwarf.
however if the only shops you have access to are barnabas's and waldenbrooks, and you're a dark elf, you might as well just sac the sis.

PS: i read a book recently ("The Dragonbone Chair" by Tad Williams), and one of the chars in it was named Barnabas. relation? perhaps from same root? or one from the other?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Corrupted
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, September 05, 2002 at 07:26 (GMT -5)

Is it normal that I corrupt when I go to the dungeons even if I dont fight with nobody. How can I stop this? please tell mee!!!!!
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3125 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 05, 2002 at 10:59 (GMT -5)

Close the chaos gate. It's on D:50 and closing it is the goal of the game - so if you want to turn off the background corruption then finish the game. If you corrupt too fast check if you don't have any corrupting artefacts (like the ones the artefacter gives you, the Chaos Trinity and boots of great speed)
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 06, 2002 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

A little known strategy (well, to the unspoiled anyway) for slowing corruption works like this... Read several scrolls of peace on a particular dungeon level. That lowers the difficulty (i.e., newly generated monsters aren't so tough) and also the background corruption for that level only. Great for the Blue Dragon caves and such, or D:50 if you're badly corrupted and desperate. Scrolls of peace are fairly rare, so you may have to use a writing set.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: