Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / How do i make bridges o.0?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Meh
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, July 01, 2002 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

I wanna know, I'm stuck by the chaos piranha pool!
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

53 minutes and 22 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 01, 2002 at 16:40 (GMT -5)

Oh it's been a while since I used it, but I think it goes like this:

Equip a hatchet in the tool slot (don't remember if you need to but it can't hurt), stand next to the water, and 'A'pply your bridge building skill. Select a log from your inventory and pick a direction...

A bunch of turns will pass and then you will either fail and waste the log or get a bridge section...

So you'll need:
Bridge building skill (the higher the better)
a hatchet
a bunch of loggs (kill animated trees, or 'U'se a hatchet while standing below a tree in the wildernes to get some)
Optional:
a girdle of carrying to be eable to carry all those loggs (you'll need at least 3-4 logs, probably more unless you are realy skilled at bridge building).

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5674 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 at 06:44 (GMT -5)

one odd note re: bridgebuilding: although you can build bridges in the wilderness, you may not place them. you're told "This body of water is too big to bridge." am i the only one who finds this pretty dumb?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 at 08:48 (GMT -5)

Well one square in the wilderness is a lot bigger than one square in a dungeon, so I guess it makes sence on some level... Though that doesn't explain why the dammage you take from "drowning" across a water square in the wilderness is just the same as in a dungeon.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6981 days, 2 hours, 40 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 03, 2002 at 11:47 (GMT -5)

Spoiler
I think that Nether Bolt/Frost Bolt/wand of cold is a lot easier to use, but that's just my opinion. None of my characters (more than 1000 I think) used Bridge Building and every one that survived to the piranha pool froze his way. One died because he forgot to leave his stuff before going on ice and went swimming, and another one got confused and moved in the wrong direction :))

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/3/2002 at 11:47 (GMT -5) by Guinea]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5674 days, 21 hours, 5 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 05:41 (GMT -5)

Jan: i was refering to the fact that you can build bridges segments in wilderness but can't place them as being dumb. shouldn't allow you too, or at least should suck more logs and let you place them.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

Ah I see, yes, I suppose a simple "Not while in the wilderness" message would have been a lot better than beeng allowed to build a section and then havingn to discard it because it can't be placed in the wildernes...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: