Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Spoilers / Rehetep

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7184 days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2002 at 04:40 (GMT -5)

:(( my female high elven archer just CAN'T kill him. Do u know any tactics about killing it and all other monsters there?
It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5765 days, 17 hours, 50 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2002 at 04:51 (GMT -5)

Fire works well against Rehetep and mummies generally. Try casting Burning Hands at them or zapping a wand of fireballs (the dwarven elder should have given you one).
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

15 hours, 58 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, July 08, 2002 at 04:59 (GMT -5)

Undead slaying amo ought to work...

Other than that fire is your friend (against Rehetep himself and mumies in general (they sometimes resist but they are still weak to fire dammage once it kick in).

So unless you have any spells handy you can try whacking him with a lit tourch or one of those ego weapons that deal fire dammage.

As for the other monsters the best strategy is simply to be invisible and pick them off one by one, it's more or less random what monsters you'll find there so it's hard to give any concrete advice (lightning lizards are nasty and common though)... Some arrows/quarrels/whatever of thunder or darkness might come in handy to avoid being surounded (stun/blind monsters for a while).

A good strategy is to try and make it to the stairs and loure a few monsters down and deal with them a few at a time. Also if you are invisible or have a high stealth you can sometimes take out multiple guardians from a distance before they raise the "alarm" and Rehetep makes his speech.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5830 days, 1 hour, 6 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 at 05:50 (GMT -5)

Ahhh they don't follow you downstairs anymore...

However some unorthodox methods of dealing with rhetep - i've read scrolls of familiar summoning which yielded monsters strong enough to take out everything there.

If your friendly with fire create some fireball traps (if you have the right wand) and trigger them next to him. Also make use of any vorticies next to him if you can. (if you have appropriate resistances)

Also there's a guaranteed wand of fireballs from the dwarf elder for finishing his second quest - getting past dragon halls or the animated forest.
(generally it takes about two or three times). Also try to get the wand of teleportation - make use of a scroll of item detection.

Archers are indeed hard to get through the pyramid

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7898 days, 19 hours, 41 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, July 09, 2002 at 13:45 (GMT -5)

Hmm, dragon halls? I suppose you mean dwarven halls right? :)

Locke Cole
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5830 days, 1 hour, 6 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 10:15 (GMT -5)

Ah yes but i somewhat think of it as dragon halls subconciously because dragons are big scary monsters and dwarves are piddly little weaklings (well the ones in adom are) so as to reflect the ways of the mighty dwarven halls, and the lightning vorticies that get me to just under 0hp after i refused to waste a potion of extra healing on a measly 20hp.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 10:45 (GMT -5)

umm... i cheated now :) i copied the savegame :) Is it a VERRRY big cheat? :-\ Just couldn't do anything else. But i killed it! And accidentally left all artifacts there. And arrows. And my fletchery set is UUSED UP!!! :(((
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6969 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, July 10, 2002 at 12:47 (GMT -5)

Yes, it's a very big cheat. The kind of cheat that spoils the game. The kind of cheat I don't use (as well as other kinds :))), and that's why I never was lower than D:34. But now I have a very promising char: female trollish bard :).

eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 02:40 (GMT -5)

bards suck
they don't gert xp as much as they could, if there were no pets/friends
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 02:41 (GMT -5)

PS is it a SOMUCHULTRAMEGA BIG CHEAT? Just kinda backup :))
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 19 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 05:33 (GMT -5)

usually, cheating is considered a bad bad thing, no matter how small. so don't do it. *g* unless there's absolutely no other possible way to do something without spending several game years to achieve it (e.g. for testing purposes).
once rhetep is dead, you can re-enter the pyramid at any time.

on the subject of nasty monsters showing up there...i once had a nice gnomish thief killed there by a baby karmic dragon. those things are *not* nice.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6969 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, July 11, 2002 at 07:53 (GMT -5)

Bards are cool. In the early game comanions help them survive, and later they can deal with nasty things themselves. They find a lot of useful stuff, too. My trollish bard is lvl 12 now and so far he's found 2 non-guaranteed artifacts: Long Sting and Death's Final Touch. Lvl 8 in pole arms and lvl 10 in daggers, that's the result. A couple more fights in the arena and I'll be lvl 13 - ready to go and finish off that wimp Rehetep :))

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1655 days, 2 hours, 4 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 07:36 (GMT -5)

I was able to kill rehetep through flat out melee. I had the golden gladius and the rune covered club and was loved by my god though.

BTW, can we cuss

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: