Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Finding the raider lord...

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 days, 10 hours, 32 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 12, 2002 at 04:39 (GMT -5)

What is the longest you have been looking for the Raider lord without finding him?

Yesterday I spent 60+(!) game days looking for him with a trollish barbarian (from my creator's day batch, so he had the lucky and fate smiles instincts). I wondered if the level requirement was lower for trolls so I talked with the sheriff again who informed me that he was indeed still roaming the countryside...

Either I had the worst luck with the RNG or it's actualy a big minus to have lucky and fate smiles while looking for a special encounter in the wilderness. After all cursed characters can hardly take a step in the wilderness without coming across one encounter or another, seems like beeng lucky have the opposite effect, even on encounters that you would want to find (raider and boars mostly)...

Can anyone verify this? If it is indeed the case that beeng lucky makes it less likely to find the raider lord I think I'll RFE that it be changed for that particular encounter. Low level characters rarely get the lucky or fate smiles instincts (other than on those special days), but it doesn't make sence that if you do get lucky (no pun intended) early on, you will be much less likely to find the raiders you are on a quest to track down...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 3 times, last edit on 7/12/2002 at 04:45 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7770 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, July 12, 2002 at 06:52 (GMT -5)

My record to find raider lord is about 100 days trollish barbarian......
Hmmmm status lucky and fate smile make your game safe, but sometimes it's very boring when you try find giant boar or raider lord

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
MangaFox
Registered user

Last page view:

7606 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, July 13, 2002 at 04:33 (GMT -5)

My record is only 45 days. Yeah, being lucky means you meet less monsters and less dangerous monsters when you meet any.

Bug-lover since 1.0.0
Portrait
Majin
Registered user
Pierced

Last page view:

7320 days, 11 hours, 13 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2004 at 02:27 (GMT -5)

record is 23ish days, but once i took one step out of Terinyo an he ambushed me :P

What do you Wish for?_
Some guy
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 at 20:36 (GMT -5)

Lucky and fate smiles probably make it harder for you, but I don't know for sure. If you go to SMC first, and manage to find a weapon "of damnation" then it would probably help to find him faster. Or, if you start out strong enough, you could probably go to the road by the pyramid right away, to get into fights faster, but there's the risk of chaos brothers. I usually run out of food and money around day 15, and if I didn't I would quit anyway so I don't know what my record is.

Maybe you should make a "Friday the 13th" batch of characters.
Portrait
Morio
Registered user
Holy Champion of ADoM

Last page view:

3906 days, 17 hours, 54 minutes and 23 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 01:59 (GMT -5)

Is it possible to find the Raider Lord if you don't take the mission?

"I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with, but I know World War 4 with be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 at 08:40 (GMT -5)

no... he's a very deadly encounter, so don't ask for him if you don't want to meet him :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/6/2004 at 08:40 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Mewto
Registered user

Last page view:

3607 days, 22 hours and 50 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2004 at 11:12 (GMT -5)

i always take that mission first, except if I'm a mindcrater.
For the Horde!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: