Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Why??

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Statik
Unregistered user
Posted on Friday, August 09, 2002 at 15:14 (GMT -5)

okay this has been bugging me for awhile, when i play for so long even when i attack weak enemies(i am n the normal tactic) it says"you hit the ______ but do not manage to harm it" can someone explain this to me and i can undo(whatever the correct word for it)as you can probally tell im not to good at this game but enjoy playing.help is appriciated
Portrait
Ragnarok
Registered user
Cat

Last page view:

7941 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, August 09, 2002 at 16:12 (GMT -5)

Creatures have DV and PV.
DV affects how well your chance of hitting them is. If you've played D&D, it's basically their Armor Class. YOu have to roll above their DV to hit them.

PV protects them from Damage. So if you hit them (Roll higher than their DV) and do 8 Damage, a PV of 4 will reduce the damage by 4, in essence dealing 4 damage. So the enemy may have a PV of 1 or higher, and if you only deal them 1 damage, it reduces it by 1 to 0. A PV of 10 means you have to do 11+ Damage to hurt them.
Maelstrom
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 at 10:04 (GMT -5)

Check your weapon - maybe it's rusty or broken (maybe both) - that was my nightmare in gamma 16 until i learned to stay inside until i find something mithril or a potion of rust removal (The carpenter has one but u need to bless it) to make a rustproof weapon. Rusty weapons break when used too much. (rusty OR broken weapons deal half damage, Rusty&broken - 1/4 the damage)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: