Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Posting problems?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5773 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 at 04:09 (GMT -5)

I had a lot of difficulty posting a new thread on the ADOM forum this morning - every time I clicked on "Submit new thread" it would give an error message, then when I pressed the "Back" button of my browser, it said "Warning: 1 empty thread(s) were discovered and deleted." Jan, do you know what the problem is?

(It appears that posting as an unregistered user sorted it out.)
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 18 hours, 42 minutes and 11 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 at 08:28 (GMT -5)

Hmm, what kind of error did you get?

Usualy such things are caused by either a temporary "problem" on the server (high load, low memory or some such), or when your loggin expires while you are typing your message...

Basicaly try to go back to the forum, reload the page and try again if something like that happens, maybe also wait 5-10 minutes if that doesn't help...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5773 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes and 42 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 13, 2002 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

Something about "An exception has occurred" and some hex codes which I should have written down but didn't. I don't think my login could have expired, but the server does seem to have been a little bit flaky lately. Sunday was especially bad - I was getting "Connection reset by peer" error messages every time I tried to connect that morning.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, August 14, 2002 at 14:34 (GMT -5)

Defenently something wrong on the server then... (a hex dump wouldn't do me much good btw. Other that giving me something concrete to send to the support people if the problem presist).

Seems to have been only temporarly though, you seem to be the only one who even noticed it...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Kat (Ekaterin)
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 06:31 (GMT -5)

I'm having similar problems again right now, and the error message I'm getting is:

error '80020009'

Exception occurred.

/forum/new.asp, line 188

(I'm trying to post a new thread in the Spoilers forum, but it won't work, either logged in or not logged in.)
Kat (Ekaterin)
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 07:18 (GMT -5)

Is there a rule against using apostrophes in thread names? The thread I was trying to post was called "I killed Blup's mum....", and as soon as I changed that to "I killed Shyssiryxius", it worked.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, September 19, 2002 at 20:20 (GMT -5)

Hmm, using apostrophes in thread names do seem to cause problems... That is strange because looking at the code I have made all the apropriate convertions to avoid any kind of trouble with special characters...

I'll have to take a closter look at the code to figure this one out...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: