Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / dwarven village?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, August 25, 2002 at 19:25 (GMT -5)

Where is it? I am trying to find another village to buy/sell things at, but can't find one. I keep getting starving & have to go back & buy some more food! Are some characters hungrier than others? I have a gray elf fighter @ lvl.8(i know that's pretty pathetic, but i've only been playing for a week & a half) I can't complete either of my quests ( sherrif's & elder's) 'cuz i can't find the people they want! Ahhhh!
Be Utch
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 at 03:24 (GMT -5)

The Dwarven village is in the caverns of chaos. I can't remamber how far dwon, at least before lvl 20.
The carpenter is on level 7 on the cave SE of the village.
You can't do the sherrif quest after you reach lvl 6. If you go talk to him again then he will tell you that the raider lord has left.

Cheers from the Be Utch.

"Tremble and dispair, for I am Power!"
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 at 04:38 (GMT -5)

When travelling through the wilderness, it helps to accept wilderness encounters (fight rather than evade) if you think you can survive them. Some of the monsters will leave corpses which you can eat. They might even drop non-perishable food. By the way, the "group of roving raiders" wilderness encounter is where you find the raider lord, but as Be Utch says, your character is too experienced to find him now.

Gray Elven Fighter is a hard combination, and not one I'd recommend to newbies. They're rather fragile and they don't have many useful skills. Gray Elf goes well with Wizard - they're still pretty fragile, but they're great at magic.

If you like fighter types, try a Trollish Healer. I know it sounds weird, but Healers heal really fast, Trolls heal really fast, and the combination means your wounds regenerate in next to no time. (Unlike your Gray Elven Fighter, who you may have noticed takes a looong time to recover from wounds.)

If you want spoilers, take a look at Andy Williams' ADOM Guidebook.
ANA
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 at 12:43 (GMT -5)

where is the cavern of chaos? (re: SE cave)I can't open the door when you enter the mine there is only 1 door and nothing else.

can i get a complete map of the region somewhere?

thanks, ana
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 8 hours, 2 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, August 26, 2002 at 14:52 (GMT -5)

If the door's locked and you can't unlock it, kick it down. If you can't find a staircase down, search for secret doors. The Village Dungeon (the SE cave where the carpenter is) always consists of seven levels, and the carpenter is always on the bottom level.

The Caverns of Chaos is to the west of the river - it's described as "A forboding tunnel leading into the depths of the world".

There's a colour map of the region in the ADOM Guidebook under "graphical navigation".
ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 27, 2002 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

thank you SO much!!

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: