Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Recipes....

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 07, 2002 at 12:33 (GMT -5)

First of all, do I have to know the recipes to make them? Secondly, where can I find a list of recipes?
I keep getting poisoned!! How do I cure it? I tried praying - I'm just bothering the Gods! I have herbs, but don't know what they are. I don't have any identifying scrolls. Couldn't even buy one - aren't any in the shop!

Sorry so many questions, but how do you know what kind of God an altar is aligned to?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

info: I am a level 11 gray elf fighter. N- allignment
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 07, 2002 at 13:22 (GMT -5)

First, you've picked kind of a hard character... gray elves aren't too tough... but that's okay; they're smart too and you'll probably be grateful for that when you find you can learn the easier spells.

You get recipes automatically from the Alchemy skill, the higher the skill is, the more you get. The skill can only be gotten randomly (scroll of education, which is very rare) so at this point I'd suggest you don't go for it yet.

Your first order of business right now is finding a way to identify your items--obviously, a scroll. Since there are none in the shop and you have none, they're probably lying around unidentified somewhere... which means you'll have to play russian roulette with your unidentified scrolls--read them until you find one that identifies one or more of your items. Then you'll be able to recognize more of them when you see them.

A great place to go to get more scrolls is the Infinite Dungeon (lower left of the map) whose levels are destroyed when you leave them and randomly re-generated whenever you step onto them. In other words: An infinite amount of randomly generated items. Eventually you'll find a scroll of identify. And stay above level nine (for your character, I'd suggest levels 3-4 or so)because below that, you're getting corrupted just walking around.

You can get poison resistance from eating a spider. It'll poison you for a little while, but after that, you won't take as much damage when you get poisoned. If you do get poisoned, you should have some alarunia antidote (an herb) or a potion of cure poison. Even cursed alarunia helps.

Black altar=chaotic; gray altar=neutral; white altar=lawful. Don't step on the black ones, or some chaotic creatures can see you and sacrifice you.

Good luck.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, September 07, 2002 at 15:01 (GMT -5)

The gods don't seem to cure poisoning very often - at best they'll restore your hit points. If you're getting messages that suggest your god doesn't like you e.g. "For some seconds the ground rumbles", there's no use praying until you've sacrificed a bit to mollify the god.

Poisoning will wear off eventually (if you survive long enough...) It helps to apply your First Aid skill every time you feel the poison coursing through your veins.

If you don't want to read spoilers, the best way to discover the different types of herbs is to play a class that starts with the Herbalism skill (e.g. Druid, Healer or Wizard).
ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, September 07, 2002 at 22:11 (GMT -5)

thanks guys, you've given me some much needed info!
I really like the gray elf, I've found i don't die near as often as a fighter. I hear magi is one of the better things to go for with gray elf, but i just couldn't live past level 2! lol
I made it this far with him so I guess i'll just keep on truckin' lol:)
ana
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6086 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2002 at 05:57 (GMT -5)

While praying Gods they'll do you a favour in next order: heal up Hp to MaxHp or remove Negative effects such as poison, sick, blind, deaf, mute, (perhaps curse, doom if you are in some close atitute with your deity) or heal up Pp to MaxPp or perhaps make you lucky, fate smile if you are in some close atitute with your deity or make Pre/PostCrowning if you are extremly close to your deity.

IMO

differently yours
ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2002 at 10:51 (GMT -5)

I have cursed ring mail on, of course i can't take that off! So I have to buy or find scroll of uncursing too. I also only have 12 in mana. Fate smiles would be a change of pace!lol
I WAS C alignment. Made offerings to get to N-.

I didn't even know you could become deaf or mute! But with my luck I'll probably find out first hand, anyway!
Oh, well, I'm having fun.

ana
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 4 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2002 at 14:54 (GMT -5)

Try dipping that ring mail in holy water. You can make holy water by dropping plain water on an aligned altar (in your case neutral) if your deity is happy enough with you... I forget now what stage that comes at...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6086 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 05:38 (GMT -5)

Deity seems to be very pleased with you.. i guess
before that stage they just may detect your items status

differently yours
ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 09:55 (GMT -5)

My items were identified (as for if they are blessed, cursed, or uncursed) when I dropped them on my diety's altar.

I read somewhere that elven Gods like majical rings, but when I sacrificed one - nothing happened!

I am now at alignment N-, but my priest won't talk to me! Why? He says that I should come back when I have shown more allegance to Ayassia(my diety). What is that soposed to mean? I've sacrificed a load of money and a magic ring of acid resistance. What else do I have to do?
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3125 days, 21 hours, 33 minutes and 7 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 11:52 (GMT -5)

Sacrifice money (50 000 would be good 4 a start) and don't chage your angiliment -it makes your diety angry, and you have 2 start all over.
Nothing happened when you sacrificed the ring? It means, that your diety doesn't care about you. Make him! Sacrifice lots of items, creatures (if you have any hostile ones that are not neutral nearby) and gold. Ayassia will bless your water and give you luck & fate smiles. And if you get Extremely close (and you are N= L+ or C-) then try to prey. After that DON'T change your diety.
Most of my characters that get crowned get pretty far (like to Lvl 35+).
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

50,000!!!!!
Where are you getting that much money??!!
The most I've ever built up is 6,000!!

ana
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

Don't tell me you didn' fight in the arena? It should be somewhere on D:3,4,5 or 6 (your will recieve some message about the crowd - go right, talk to the arena master, and fight 19 times (not more - the dwarf elder will give you a quest to become the arena champion - the 20th fight - and if you allready are, then another random monster kill quest [once i got a "Hill giant chieftain" :/]. A 100 for the second fight, and it will rise (to about 400 for the 19th one). Then try hunting for gnolls in the wilderness (you can get 100-500 for each battle axe), hill orcs (crude spears - 50-200 maybe more) and other thing and sell it to in some shop. THe (I start with the cave north west of Ternyo - it kills most of my characters, but the ones that get to the bottom are real bad-asses, and there is another village - but it kills lots of my characters - hostile Stone giant lord is almost guaranteed there. I sell the stuff i got in the cave in the shop (lots of money is dropped in the UD) and by dwarftown a have 20000-60000 GP
A realist sees a train.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 14:50 (GMT -5)

When I started out I liked rangers... I used to gather seeds in the wilderness with the Survival skill; they're 1 gp each, and more at Munxip's. That (as does any wilderness scavenging, like for orcs or gnolls) takes a lot of time though.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
anamri
Registered user
Of the Grey Elf

Last page view:

7888 days, 54 minutes and 52 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 at 18:48 (GMT -5)

WOW!! I have become the "champion" at the arena, but that's the most I've gotten. I'll have to try the scavenging thing some time, thanks>
ana

Anamri

*All will be revealed in time*
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 10:19 (GMT -5)

Well - my newest character Troll Barbarian (a true Beserker challange game - eg. no armour, always berserker tactics) Lvl 8, after the UD had something like 8000 GP, and lots of stuff, but the other shopkeeper was a Dwarf! Damn my luck! I would get better prices on the Black Market >:[
UD is great for getting money in the early stages.
Scavenging - wait until you are lvl 15+ (or maybe it's 13+) and walk on the road to the piramid - lots of gnolls=lots of axes=lots of money.
A realist sees a train.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: