Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Dwarven Elder & wishes

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2002 at 19:30 (GMT -5)

What am I soposed to say to the Dwarven elder when he asks what to talk about?

Also, when I finally get a wish, how do I wish & what can I wish for? How specific do I have to be?

ana
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3764 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 08, 2002 at 22:40 (GMT -5)

Try "Quest" (several times). Also, when you come to it, ask about the "portal". He can also tell you about other stuff, but that's only backstory.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6086 days, 14 hours, 27 minutes and 19 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 05:51 (GMT -5)

HowTo get wish? %)

try drinking from pools if you are lucky enough you'll recieve prompt: What do you wish for?
guaranted wishes: blessed ring of djinn summoning (try to 'U'se it), wand of wish, book of wish (found it ones, read it -> spell wish 5000pp %)) )

what to wish?
any items (exept for artifacts) in plural (recieve a load of)..
any monsters..
stats (example: strength)
almost every skill (exept for alertness and.. and something i don't remember)..

so..

differently yours
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5773 days, 23 hours, 36 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 08:11 (GMT -5)

Healing is the other skill you can't wish for - if you do, you will simply be healed. Ana, have you discovered how to get the Healing skill yet? It's a very important skill.
ana
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 09:49 (GMT -5)

Thanks again guys!

Ekaterin, I have first aid skill(don't remember my stats on it). Is that what you're talking about?

Also is ther a list somewhere that has the items you can get? What happens if you wish for something the wrong way or that doesn't exist? Does it waste your wish?
When I wish is there a certain code I must use or just write it out...?

I just gotta say, I LOVE THIS FORUM!!
you all are so helpful and prompt! Not like some of the other sites I've been to!

thanks again,
ana

p.s.
Can anyone tell me why when I registered it won't let me use my registered name?
Maelstrom unlogged
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 10:03 (GMT -5)

If you wish 4 something not real you get the closest thing to it (like "sheep" and beanSHEE - beanshee kills you unless your deaf :P), best 4 a warrior type is 2 wish for Eterinium plate mails or eterinium two-handed swords (other good things are: 7l boots [don't remember how u spell it], amulet of life saveing (it saves Khelevaster if you give it 2 him, and it brings you back to life fully healed if you die wearing it), Rings of Ice (for the Tower of eternal flame), Rings of Elemental Mastery, Eterinium large shields), and 4 spellcasters it's "books" i guess. if you feel like dieing then write Emperor Moloch :PPP Wishing for "death" created a Death ooze in gamma 16 (i've read that now it ages you to the dead status)
The name - log in when you open the forum on the main page.
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, September 09, 2002 at 11:02 (GMT -5)

No, Ana, First Aid and Healing are two different skills. Everyone has the First Aid skill, which has to be applied to treat a wound soon after receiving it.

Not everyone starts with the Healing skill. This skill is used automatically ("You automatically take care of your long-term wounds.") The higher your Healing skill is, the faster your hit points regenerate.

Here's some spoily information on how to learn Healing. You have to do the village elder's quest to save the mad carpenter. If you've ever attempted that quest, you probably saw Jharod the healer. He can teach you about Healing, but you must first demonstrate your ability to be merciful. Highlight the black box below if you want to know how to do this.

Spoiler
When you find the mad carpenter, don't kill him, but lead him up to Jharod. Jharod will cure him of his madness, and will then be willing to teach you the healing skill.

If you don't mind spoilers, the following website has loads of very useful information about ADOM:
The ADOM Guidebook
Stas (unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 07:09 (GMT -5)

Ekaterin>is that your cat in the picture?
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2002 at 08:02 (GMT -5)

No, it's just a picture I found on the Internet. My landlady won't let me have a cat :-(
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7717 days, 15 hours, 10 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 at 13:42 (GMT -5)

You can also do Hotzenplotz's quest and get an appointment to see the mad doctor about the Healing skill, if you are chaotic (But be warned, there are consequences to this one!)
You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7062 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 at 08:34 (GMT -5)

You should also wish scrolls of chaos resistance. You'll need them.

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3125 days, 13 hours and 30 minutes ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 at 09:20 (GMT -5)

A wish for SoCRs is wasted IMO. Amulet of Life saveing, and you get more.
Combined with the scrolls at bug town, and other you might get it's enough to keep clean to the end (and the unicorn helps too).

A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: