Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Yergius and Pick Pocket skill

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7717 days, 22 hours, 53 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, September 17, 2002 at 14:49 (GMT -5)

Is there a limitation of when Yergius will teach the Pick Pocket skill? The last couple of times my PC's have talked to him, he has told I need to prove myself as a thief, but hasn't taught me the Pick Pocket skill, so I'm basicly stuck and unable to get training from him (And I love that Detect Traps skill!)
You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Portrait
Maelstrom
Registered user
The Knight of the Black Rose

Last page view:

3125 days, 21 hours, 13 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 09:24 (GMT -5)

If he says that you already have it - just train it a lot and "prove yourself as a thief" eg. use the skill, or rob shops (not recomennded - you need to rob a few of them and you know how hard it is at low levels).
A pessimist sees a dark tunnel.
An optimist sees a light at the end of that tunnel.
A realist sees a train.
And the train driver sees three idiots on the tracks.
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7717 days, 22 hours, 53 minutes and 55 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 14:32 (GMT -5)

That's the problem, I don't have the skill! My character didn't start with it, and I haven't learned it through any other means...
Used to be, I talked to him, then the game would ask "Do you want to train with Yergius (Y/n):", but the last few times it hasn't and I get the quest without the pick pocket training.
You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5774 days, 7 hours, 19 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, September 18, 2002 at 15:13 (GMT -5)

Did you rob any shops before talking to Yergius? If you did, he'll think you're a trained thief already, and won't teach you Pick Pockets.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

5 hours, 42 minutes and 58 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, September 20, 2002 at 17:43 (GMT -5)

That's most likely it. If you for example nick something using a potion of invisibility BEFORE talking to him you have already started earning "thief points" and he'll asume you already have the pick pocket skill...

I consider it a bug myself. A check for the pick pocket skill itself would be in order IMHO...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: