Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Unknown modifiers ???

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7826 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, September 29, 2002 at 08:03 (GMT -5)

Hey guys, i need help here.
Q: I was training with the master thief for new skills and improvement.

Started as a gnomish elementalist. Save a lot of gold and I went to the outlaw settlement to learn the stealth skill. Manage to learn it and i also manage to improve it with a great deal of gold pieces. [+1d5] was the starting modifier in it and i got it up with a bang to [+4d5]. I was level 14 then.
However, as i start to level up, i notice that when i put points into the skill, the modifier drop from [+4d5] to [+4d1] then i put another point into it and again it drop from [+4d1] to [+3d2]. Can anybody tell me what is happening here?

" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein
SuperLobster
Registered user
The Mad Monk

Last page view:

7717 days, 20 hours, 2 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 at 10:46 (GMT -5)

The way I understand the system, as a skill gets closer to 100, the modifier for that skill drops lower +4d5 - +4d4 - +3d5 etc. until finally you only get a +1 per increase (which really stinks). Some skill modifiers drop faster than others (possibly class/race dependent). For example I have noticed that for Necromancers, the Food Preservation skill starts with a +1d3 modifier until you get the skill to about 55 or 60 than it drops to +1 (so it takes forever to get it to 100). I guess it's possible to get the modifier back up to decent level if you are able to train the skill extensivly (or by training with the Master Thief, as you have done), but some skill modifiers just don't increase to often. I may be wrong but this is the way I see it. Hope this helps!
You want to fight? Fight me! HAHAHA
Portrait
Jek
Registered user
the Mindless

Last page view:

6086 days, 19 hours, 19 minutes and 27 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, September 30, 2002 at 11:20 (GMT -5)

2>SL I guess that it is not the informaion Jack
wants to read.. ;))

He was asking about strange modifier. a kind of 4d1..
it is quite intresting. i've never seen such one..

differently yours
Jack
Registered user

Last page view:

7826 days, 22 hours, 32 minutes and 41 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 01, 2002 at 03:31 (GMT -5)

Strange, y doesn't it stay the same. But i know wat u are talking, SuperLobster. I see now wat is going on. Looks like i got to explore the modifier so that i know how does it will works. Thanks, SuperLobster!
Jek, i not talking abt some strange modifier. I am referring to (eg, "Alertness" [+3d3], "Healing" [+4d4]) this skill and the modifier beside it.

" Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -Albert Einstein

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: