Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Does anybody like wrestling?

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1657 days, 23 hours, 48 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, October 07, 2002 at 10:41 (GMT -5)

Does anyone watch World Wrestling Entertainment (Federation) If anybody in the U.S (probably other contries too) watches TV, you have to have flipped through the channels and saw it for at least a few seconds

Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7359 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

I saw it once and I think it sucks. I watched the whole show just because it was... well amusing. I mean to see what makes it so popular. Lousy acting and pretended live violence... not for me.

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 09:22 (GMT -5)

As i've stated, It's my guilty sin. It's not something I'd tie in to ADOMers but......

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

53 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 14:45 (GMT -5)

Sure it can be fun to watch, but I just can't take it seriously enough to bother watching it regulary (wich is a moot point seeng as none of the (two) channes I can recieve show wresteling)...

What facinates me the most about wresteling is that quite a lot of the "fans" apear to be oblivious to the fact that it's all just a show and that the "winner" is determined before they even enter the ring...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 14:46 (GMT -5)

I know it's a show but sometimes it's so damn fun to watch.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 15:24 (GMT -5)

Didn't mean to imply that you believed it was real, just that you can start to wonder when you look at how worked up some of the spectators seem to get...

But yeah it can be fun to watch, personaly I prefeer a good movie or tv-series though... Preferably sci-fi.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Lazy Cal
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 15:50 (GMT -5)

Rumor has it that those signs people hold up in the crowd are actually handed out by promoters as people come into the arena.

I sometimes watch wrestling for the same reason I sometimes watch the "Strongest Man" competitions. Some of the stuff wrestlers do is amazing. I once saw one guy throw another off the top of a 10-12 foot fence into the ring. This guy (the thrower) then did a backflip off the top of the fence and "landed" on the fellow lying on the mat. It was a great stunt.
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7359 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 16:03 (GMT -5)

That's true. Some of the stunts they make are pretty good. I always watch the "strongest man" competitions. Since I train actively in the gym my interest in those is obvious.

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 16:11 (GMT -5)

I used to wrestle in our pool (before we moved) and I could do amazing things. I was also an amatuer wrestler for awhile. It's rumored that blind people make the best wrestlers.

The signs are handed out by promoters BTW.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 16:35 (GMT -5)

Granted, some of those stunds do require a great deal of skill to pull off without actualy killing (or even bruising!) someone...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/8/2002 at 16:37 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Zaddiq
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, October 08, 2002 at 17:11 (GMT -5)

Pro wrestling is a soap type drama for uneducated violence loving men. i love it. this weeks raw was good, but last weeks kane vs jericho was an awsome match. some of the fun is predicting who will win and how.

zad

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/8/2002 at 17:14 (GMT -5) by its author]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, October 09, 2002 at 01:18 (GMT -5)

FINALLY!!

Did you see the Eddie Guerrero Vs. Edge match on Smackdown? It was poetry in motion.

Wrestling is catharsis (I'm not sure about the grammer on the word.) I watch it because I relieve stress through it.

Zaddiq
Registered user

Last page view:

6980 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 02:25 (GMT -5)

i cant get smackdown :( stuck with just bischoff

zad
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, October 10, 2002 at 06:35 (GMT -5)

Poor soul. Smackdown is better. Bischoff hasn't found the right mix of wrestling and story yet.

IJustLurkIDontPost
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 at 13:55 (GMT -5)

heey... this is cool, some people like wrestling.
Here in finland this one cable channel started showing smackdown about a year ago and raw began showing a week ago. i'm just not sure about how much they are behind what's happening there in the states... but it's a whole lotta fun! and they're also coming to helsinki on the 24th! and i've got good seats :)

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: