Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / Music genres you like and hate

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7191 days, 5 hours, 27 minutes and 43 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 13:34 (GMT -5)

Dis is a topic about music you love... and the music you hate as much as i hate MTV ;-).
So, i hate these:
pop (ALL OF IT): pop is, i suppose, the thing, that will lead to the total cultural degradation, because it's not just commercial music, there's a LOTS of good com music, but it's music-for-money.
It doesn't deserve to exist at all!!!
rap (except Eminem, he's silly, but fun): that's the type of music that actually is fun in all forms of it. And the funniest is gangsta rap, where millionare guys tell us how hard to be him, or how hard to be "black". Man, i burst out laughing when some guy that is one of the richiest guys on Earth singning something like: It's hard to be me, 'coz i'm poor and blah-blah-blah. I'm remembering one thing from "Family guy" show (Sumthing like The Simpsons), there was a guy rapping 'bout that he lived on a street and other rap-crap, but today everything is very bad 'coz he broke his fingernail ;-)
So-called Rock and Hard Rock and Heavy Metal: hahaha, verrry funny: kurt cobain-looking person singing about how she doesn't love him, and how he wants to excuse and about how he just wants her :).Errr... Kinda, i've been listening to such music for awhile, but, errr again, i never heard about excuses in love theme in Rock or Metal... it was more about hitting her face with baseball bat and screaming: "Take this you *****, you whore, you peice of ****".

Music i LOVE!!!:
if humanity will not disappear in next twenty years 'coz of nuclear war or won't be wiped out of Earth's face by a meteor in 2029, then, i guess, no, hope, it's music will be goa trance, psy-trance, idm or Aphex Twin stuff, maybe ambient. In any way, there must be no lyrics in it, because they ruin all the MUSIC, which is, i guess is the second thing in human's life after kid-making haha.
so i guess you got da point.
Sincerely yours, eL

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 15:56 (GMT -5)

First the kinds I like(from most to least) Rock, Heavy metal, rap, blues. Hate Country, pop, ranchero(country all they play in LG)
Portrait
Prickle Pear
Registered user
Killer fruit

Last page view:

7204 days, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 17, 2002 at 15:58 (GMT -5)

Same as C.
The new and improved MTV...my ass! Where's Bevis & Butthead?
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6975 days, 15 hours, 53 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

eL: can you tell me some good ambient bands? I personally just love Delerium. Their songs rule!

The thing I really hate: disco polo. Probably most of you don't know what it is - so you're lucky :). It's our Polish invention - poor music and stupid/lame lyrics. That really sux.

Tanthalas Pathfinder
Registered user
aka Tanthie

Last page view:

7060 days, 20 hours, 17 minutes and 25 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 at 11:33 (GMT -5)

Symphonic cosmic, symphonic epic hollywood and epic fantasy metal are the best music genres I know. If you know Rhapsody and Luca Turilli you know these genres also.

/me & Luca Turilli - The Prophet of the Last Eclipse

"When watching anime, never worry about the consequences."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/18/2002 at 11:34 (GMT -5) by Tanthalas Pathfinder]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1661 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and 48 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 at 13:31 (GMT -5)

I like heavy metal rock. I prefer it without lyrics but that's kinda hard to find.
C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, November 18, 2002 at 18:19 (GMT -5)

Yeah same here, anyway I don't like regular rap I only like gansta rap, and maybe some of the old school's like Run DMC.
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 at 10:18 (GMT -5)

rap SUCK AT ALL!!! This is music for 4year-old children! Man! Go, buy some Orb or Aphex Twin (richar D. James album yeaaah), or Tim Shuldt...
PS what is LeGrand? YOu're mentioning it always...

C(unlogged)
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, November 19, 2002 at 21:21 (GMT -5)

We all have our opinions, anyway I repeat LE GRAND IS A TOWN!!! If you want to see I map, I will gladly give you the website to find it. Nelie's the one mentioning it, I told her via e-mail about my escapades and misadventures, and what the people here are like. I guess I whined (and still am) about it too much. Look at Chaco the Taco man, he literally is a 8yr old, so he can like rap, maybe I should let him handle this.

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/19/2002 at 21:23 (GMT -5) by its author]
feilos
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 14:53 (GMT -5)

Well I like all types of music, from Pop to Country, Soft rock to Rap. But what music I hate most are these Rock imitators...the new breeds that just mirror old Heavy Metal or Rock Bands.
I also dislike music that spins in the tune to suscide, demonic, cussing for no reason, self-mutalation,and rock wanna-bees/imitators etc...

Tupac and Ja Rule are the tops on Rap, Delerium, Aphex are OK for techno, there's better ones though, if you are on E., then again if you hate music, just listen to silence...Don't cost nothing and don't take usage of the brain!
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5670 days, 17 hours, 9 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 15:22 (GMT -5)

I can listen to all sorts but I don't fancy pop so much... Hard rock and metal is more appropriate here up north where daylight lasts from ten in the morning to four in the afternoon and the weather is as much cheering: cloudy, raining, snowing(the snow melts when it lands, making brown pudding on the roads; they use salt to lower the freezing point so it's easier to drive but it really makes everything look like shit). I just love autumn.
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, November 20, 2002 at 16:32 (GMT -5)

I detest the posers. The only new band I'll listen to is System of a Down. Their Toxicity album sucks anyway so...

I guess I'm an 80's metal/punk rocker with a small hint of new metal/punk

I also detest the hair bands. GOD DID THEY SUCK!!!
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 06:14 (GMT -5)

Sucks? Wonderful how different opinions we have. I like system of a down. BUT, I mostly listen to finnish music anyway...

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/21/2002 at 06:15 (GMT -5) by J.]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 12:09 (GMT -5)

It's too soft for me.

I like it loud and fast but to also have the ability to understand their lyrics. The first CD did that pretty well. This new one is also doing that I hear but you never know until you listen. The second one...... didn't.
Portrait
Chaco The Taco Man
Registered user
The Rebel

Last page view:

7764 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 18:34 (GMT -5)

I like rap, my favorite artist is DMX, come on you guys don't diss rap. No body listens to techno.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 11/21/2002 at 18:35 (GMT -5) by Chaco The Taco Man]
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 21:54 (GMT -5)

I can't understand a word they're saying. I prefer music to lyrics anyway.

Let's face it; rap doesn't have a whole bunch of music. Words yes. Not music.

That's why I personnally don't like rap.
Portrait
Archangel
Registered user
The Creator's servant

Last page view:

7363 days, 3 hours, 11 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, November 22, 2002 at 05:09 (GMT -5)

Well said RK. I have always considered rap as a simple rhythm with speech, it has nothing to do with music. It is a style of something but not music IMO.

I have written some songs myself and believe me, that's not easy! And rap... well... I'd say I can compose (or create would be better word) about dozen of those "songs" per day. (I'm talkin about making the "music", not lyrics. My lyrics usually suck...)

I hereby announce that I am more than willing to kill anyone who dares to cross my way
Beth
Registered user
Princess

Last page view:

7684 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, November 24, 2002 at 20:21 (GMT -5)

Rap can be music, the scratching. HOW DARE YOU SAY POP SUCKS! All those rockers are satanists!
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 06:42 (GMT -5)

Delerium rulez, and that's a fact. I think the music they play is called ambient, but I'm not sure.

Pop mainly sucks, because most of the song are VERY similar. If there is sometimes sth else on MTV, they made a mistake and that can't be pop :P.

Rap sucks, because music is always almost the same. And most lyrics are stupid.

Rock is quite good, and rockers are not satanists. Usually :).

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, November 25, 2002 at 17:13 (GMT -5)

good observation

Can you give me some good rock without lyrics that I can pick up in Sacramento? Maybe this Delerium that you mention is worth a look?
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 09:05 (GMT -5)

Beth, you are pretty strange, sometimes it seems that you're 3 years, sometimes 99,999, 'cause only these old grammas say that rockers are satanists...
anyway, I found out that electric universe rules tooo...

Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 12:23 (GMT -5)

Ryan: rock without lyrics? That's not very common I'm afraid :). And Delerium is definitely worth a look - just download Silence song (but the original version, not a remix) - if you'll like it, you'll like the rest as well. Check out www.delerium.com - there is quite a lot of things to download, including full songs in .mp3 and videoclips.

Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 14:51 (GMT -5)

All I found was the remix.

If you could send me the original track on mp3 format, I'd be appreciative.
X
Registered user
Melcholic in Michigan

Last page view:

7763 days, 21 hours, 36 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, November 26, 2002 at 21:23 (GMT -5)

My fav. is the gansta rap really funny sometimes I listen to rock every once in a while groups like Nirvana. Beth, what group are you thinking of?
"Thank you for the lastest release of gradwrecker 1.0, my G.P.A. just went in the corner and shot itself!"

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 11/26/2002 at 21:24 (GMT -5) by X]
J.
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 31, 2003 at 16:38 (GMT -5)

Hey, who doesn't like digging up dead threads! (Why does everybody raise their hands and throw bottles and rocks at me?)

I decided to buy a birthday gift for myself thursday and also decided to support a band from my hometown(go Tampere yay!) and bought Diablo's 'Renaissance' album for 9,90(euros, about the same as US dollar). It's pretty good and catchy (nice screaming from the vocalist) only a bit repetitive.(I think about 1% of the finnish population might know that band and no-one abroad so this was a pretty much useless post again by me)

Also, a year or two ago I didn't like Tool, but then I think it was tuesday night last week in my dream my friend played 'schism' to me (very weird, also because he doesn't like that kind of music at all, listens to goa trance and the like) and the following day it played in my head all the time. So I had to devote many more megabytes off of my hard drive to download a few mp3's:) (I like p2p) If only I had better speakers. Well I think we're upgrading our computer in some time. I think I'll buy some good speakers from a hifi store and use them for the computer as I listen to music pretty much from the comp.

How do I make mp3's out of music on a cd?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/31/2003 at 16:39 (GMT -5) by J.]
quick rant
Unregistered user
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 20:14 (GMT -5)

just popped by the board.
why does everyone call anything electronic techno?

look, lets assume there are different forms of music that are made that sound electronic...

There are more than techno. And if u call APHEX techno, than chances are youve never heard ANY techno.
--> Drum and Bass, Jungle, Ragga, Harcore, Trance, House, HARD house, BOOTY house, trance, ambient, happy hardcore, HARD trance, techno, tribal, gabber (speedcore).....

theres more than that. If you dont like any "techno" chances are you havent hear any. Do u call the CURE techno? If so you are wrong.

These artforms have artists, yaknow. That actually perform them....

Im not being a jerk, this has always bugged me. Right now I live in an extremely rural place and if I mention jungle music, i get confused looks, if I mention techno... i get moby or fatboy slim... THESE GUYS DONT PLAY TECHNO.
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7722 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2003 at 22:33 (GMT -5)

I hate rap. HATE HATE HATE. ~ahem~ I also hate Tejano and Mariachi. HATE HATE HATE! (Not for any racial reasons, mind you, just because it STINKS.)

Most other stuff is ok..Jazz, blues, rock, only a little bit of country. Broadway stuff rules, more the most part. ~puts his two cents into the paythingamajigger~

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 05:41 (GMT -5)

oh i forgot to answer Chaco. "Nobody listens to techno?" Only small peeps like you don't. Electronic music is smart music. All other styles, except classical, are for IDIOTS!!!! AAAAAARGH!

LAzy C
Unregistered user
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2003 at 12:27 (GMT -5)

Alright I have a confession...
I like Muddy Water's music! ANd I listen to Enigma or whatever her name is... And opra (don't hit me!) SOme techno is alright, but I don't like it too much. I just got up so... BUZZ OFF!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/8/2003 at 12:28 (GMT -5) by its author]
Tekki
Registered user

Last page view:

7350 days, 16 hours and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2003 at 19:10 (GMT -5)

It seems I am alone...I prefer classical music, along with modern orchestral themes. Quite a few music soundtracks as well.

You feel a surge of power. Suddenly your extraordinary carrying capacity fails you. You are crushed by the tons of luggage you are carrying. You die...

Go here when you are on the forum to chat about Adom! http://koti.mbnet.fi/adrakon/chat.shtml
Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: