Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC: ADOM Role-Play 2

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 3 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 1 hour, 8 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 16:00 (GMT -5)

i havn't been to the new-and-improoved bug temple yet, so i don't really know what it's like. i'll have to go on the Guidebook and find out before we get there...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7300 days, 18 hours, 4 minutes and 2 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 at 02:16 (GMT -5)

Its the same as the one in 1.0.0 except that killer bugs have been buffed up slightly and all bugs can see invis.

What are the level 18 class abilities for Miner and Alchemist?

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/20/2003 at 02:17 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Ekaterin
Registered user

Last page view:

5765 days, 18 hours, 39 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 at 05:33 (GMT -5)

Well, I've been to the Bug Temple a few times in version 1.1.1, so maybe I can help a bit. Your party should be fine on the top level, as long as they keep their distance and zap the bugs with bolt spells or missiles.

The second level is much much deadlier. I would not consider going there without all of the following:

• Plenty of healing stuff (e.g. a large pile of blessed spenseweeds). Healing spells won't do, because you'll need all your power to blast those bugs. Regeneration also helps.
  • Blessed seven league boots, so that when a bug gets close, you can run faster than it.
  • Bolt spells - enough castings to clear the temple. Without them, you'll likely find that the bugs multiply faster than you can kill them.

The hardest parts are getting out of the first room into the relative safety of a corridor, and clearing out the large room with the statues (which may not be necessary, depending on where your secret passage is).
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 at 08:10 (GMT -5)

Also, a few extra points.

• Ball spells for the first room are really usefull.
  • Any source of bug slayers (cough)Vanquisher(cough)
  • A GREAT D.V. Take off all D.V. reducing items, all items that only change P.V, a +1, -10 set of clothes is better than a +0, +999 armor. Set your tactics to coward.
  • Don't get surrounded.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 at 13:03 (GMT -5)

Alright, so it sounds like "be very very careful!" As for bolt spells, perhaps Vexander can find another spellbook on his way to find his brother.

Lesse, Miner and Alchemist at level 18 can do what... lemme see what I made up way back whenever.

Miner: Level 6: 2x speed digging. 12: Pickaxes break 1/2 as often. 18: extra 2d6 HP per level.
Alchemist: 6: good at applying Alchemy, can neutralize failed experiments. 12: 3 addt'l random recipies. 18: can mix grenades (must be used within 30 mins of mixing).

So, in hindsight of these, we can put all those skills to good use in the temple... Fire can chuck grenades at the bugs while Iridia trys to dig a path around them.

What other skills do we have? e.g. what can Meridon, Vexander, Konan, and Runeva do?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 at 19:58 (GMT -5)

I believe the walls in the BUGCAV are undiggable and digging, even with a miner's special ability, will take too much time - you'd have four killer bugs pounding on your back before you dug out a single bit of wall.

Copied straight from the ADOM manual

At higher levels archers are the most deadly marksmen in all Ancardia. At level 6 a missile attack takes up but 800 energy points. At level 12 the range for their missile attacks is doubled. At level 18 they are a lot more productive when applying fletchery.

High-level barbarians are fearsome fighters. At level 6 they learn to deliver mighty blows that cause double damage (for the cost of 2500 energy points). At level 12 moving costs but 750 energy points. At level 18 they can deliver tremendous blows that cause triple damage (for the cost of 4000 energy points).

At higher levels, druids become extremely attuned to nature itself. At level 6 they learn to evade wilderness encounters whenever they choose to do so. At level 12 they regenerate power points twice as fast as usual while in the wilderness. At level 18 they become immune to all weather effects.

With increasing experience, Necromancers master all aspects of undeath. At level 6 they slowly develop a resistance to all special attacks from undead (like strength drain or paralyzation). The base chance for resistance is equal to 40% +1% per level of the necromancer. At level 12 they learn to turn undead. At level 18 they are able to raise all humanoid corpses in sight as ghuls.

I suggest you change "grenades" to something like "Fireball Potions" which act like the spell "Fireball" if they hit the ground or after 30 minutes

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 6/20/2003 at 20:01 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 20, 2003 at 21:22 (GMT -5)

that's basically what they are, i was paraphrasing what i wrote
they're explosive potions, basically, and that is what they do... explode...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 at 00:50 (GMT -5)

oh.

anyway, a new post on ADOM RP 2.

Instant battle.
Just add water.

Well, er.. can't think of anyhting to say.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3755 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes and 28 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 at 04:14 (GMT -5)

Ooh... That "raising every corpse in sight" thing will be interesting for Vexander.

Is Bugville immune to wands of destruction? :) We might try that...

Vapor rats... I like it... very cool :) I'd never have thought of it myself, anyway.

Now to think of something equally good for my own little group...

*thinks hard*

*gets headache*

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 at 05:03 (GMT -5)

WoDs? Hmm... well, maybe, but then we must ask 2 questions:

1. Do Meridon, Fire, or Irida have WoDs?

2. If one person zaps the WoD, are the other two immune to it?

I got the idea of vapor rats from their MM description.

For your little group... hmm... go ask Duke.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2003 at 06:01 (GMT -5)

Nope; I'm just thinking a wand of destruction could be useful. We're due for at least one encounter before we hit the minstrel's, anyway. I'd say they're not immune, but they could back up.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 at 01:00 (GMT -5)

sorry i've been gone, was off camping...
Vexander, Konan and Runeva are going to rejoin the main party before they try for that bug temple. And besides, we never know what the minstrel's going to have for us... he is pretty damn resourseful, after all.

Also, when we do get the minstral, i'm going to take some liberties... his hut has been expanded somewhat, now has multiple rooms. We don't get one. Too bad. Better luck next ... er... minstral.

Also, i just realized something... we sure havn't eaten very much, have we? Are we anorexic or just have really slow metabolisms?

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 at 22:02 (GMT -5)

I've been busy, too... I'm making a quilt and pillowcase... Why, you ask? Complete boredom, then a strange fascination... :) Quilting is actually quite mathematical, if you make the pattern yourself. I usually use a compass and straightedge... Oh, yeah, and a couple of friends have been teaching me to play Magic, too.

Anyway, enough about my boring life.

Eating is probably a given.... just like most books don't record it every time the character eats a meal, we're not recording it every time our characters eat. Fire has Herbalism, and presumably has been picking stomafillia; they bought rations in Terinyo and got some from each major group of enemies. The neutral/chaotic people are probably eating corpses, too; and of course there's Survival. (Speaking of corpses--I feel it's kind of out of character for Iridia to eat humanoid corpses. I know it's not an unlawful act technically, but you do get that "you feel uneasy" message.)

I still can't think of anything. Maybe I should bang my head against a wall or something.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 23, 2003 at 23:39 (GMT -5)

heh, neither can i...

yeah, i suppose it is a given, but even when we camp for the night we go straight for the conversation and the events, don't even mention food... oh well. no biggie.

yeah, i'm kinda lacking in ideas also... hrm, i think i have a bit of an idea... something to do with Meridon and animals. Perhaps some animals attack, and Meridon is startled that he didn't sense them coming and that they are ignoring the fact that he's a druid, or something along those lines. something to show how chaos is beginning to seep towards the surface again, and has affected some of the animals.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 23:06 (GMT -5)

There, I just posted. I know I waited nearly two weeks, but... okay, so I don't have an excuse. Sorry, anyways.

The potion Fire just concocted is, of course, a grenade...

Let's see. According to the GB, air elementals are immune to shock and "breathe" lightning... yup, we're on track :) They should react normally to other types of bolts, though IIRC they can "shrug off" or dodge them.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2003 at 23:52 (GMT -5)

Konan and Vexander need to update their portion of the story :) I just updated mine.

Andor, if we get to the Mad Minstrel's hut fairly soon, we'll need you.

EDIT: Whoops, double post. But since these are so widely separated in time, you ought to forgive me.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/24/2003 at 23:55 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Djinni
Registered user
don't rub MY ring

Last page view:

7063 days, 1 hour, 11 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 at 01:12 (GMT -5)

Hey guys, I've just read through the entire story. Good work! There are some really nice ideas in there.

I wonder if you would mind me throwing an unusual character into the fray for a while. I'll be able to tie it in nicely with everything you've done up until now & it will certainly open up a few more avenues for developing the story.

I've developed some pretty good ideas regarding my characters background as I've been reading & can't imagine they would become a mainstay character of the group immediately.

The first encounter would be a crossing of paths while travelling through the wilderness, an exchange of stories & information then let it develop from there

whaddya think?
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 at 02:23 (GMT -5)

Well, we don't want to add any more main characters... we've reached the limit and it would be waay confusing if we did.

Duke, how about if we allow temporary NPCs (characters which are in and out of the story within three or four posts)?

If not, there are still the characters no one has claimed, or that we're doubling up on.

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 8/26/2003 at 02:29 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Lamaros
Registered user
The sieve

Last page view:

7169 days, 13 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 at 03:37 (GMT -5)

Not that i'm part of this story, but... couldn't you just kill some of those unclaimed ones off to allow Djinni in?
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 at 07:47 (GMT -5)

It's an option.

We're far enough along... and Bugville is usually quite deadly.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 at 17:13 (GMT -5)

I'm intending to add someone at the Minstrals. More of a minor char, but i suppose we can make it major by killing someone.
Portrait
Vexander
Registered user
The Jolly Necromancer!

Last page view:

6994 days, 5 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, January 06, 2005 at 07:50 (GMT -5)

Heh. I'm back...gotta say, Vex has come along nicely >:-) Any chance that those of us still here can continue the ADOM Roleplay 2 where it's been left off?
Hobgoblins taste like chicken!
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, January 10, 2005 at 03:06 (GMT -5)

Unfortunately... not likely. Unless you want to do it on yer own... I mean I'll help some but...
Portrait
Vexander
Registered user
The Jolly Necromancer!

Last page view:

6994 days, 5 minutes and 20 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2005 at 01:03 (GMT -5)

Well, mabye I will...I'm not the total ADOM buff that ya'll are (lots of referencing the GB for me), but I'll probably take a few cracks at it again in the very near future.
Hobgoblins taste like chicken!
Go to page 1 2 3

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: