Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / General / War in Iraq

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 2 pages long.
Go to page 1 2
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

7313 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes and 13 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 at 05:30 (GMT -5)

I can't believe America and Briton could actually invade Iraq. Such an act is unpredictable and could lead to a nuclear war and the end of the world.
I believe that America is fabricating evidence against Iraq so that they can invade and get the oil supply, and also make their Great Isreal.
Hmmm, what can we do about this? Any ideas about how we could play hero and save the world?

LS
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4699 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 at 09:53 (GMT -5)

Well, if you can project yourself astrally to the white house, learn their plans and report them to the media, it might interfere with their war intentions. :-)
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6296 days, 3 hours, 13 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 21, 2003 at 12:58 (GMT -5)

What about N. Korea? I heard they have a nuclear weapon that can hit Sacramento, so I should be -*VERY* afraid. but then again, at least I'll be out of LG. Now as for this Iraq thing, there isn't much to do besides what Cadriel listed (ye can do) this Iraq s*** has been going on for too long, a war is far too dangerous, especialy without the UN's consent, and Sadam is now joining up with Bin Laden, (or so I heard), we're screwed and that's it. Then if N. Korea joins in even worse! Did you hear what the current leader has said?

Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 06:05 (GMT -5)

That's one idea, it just might be possible too.

LS
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 06:22 (GMT -5)

That's one idea, it just might be possible too, who knows it might be our last hope as something like that is going to damn near impossible in physcial reality, but it might just work on
What did the leader say C?

LS
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3758 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 23, 2003 at 11:28 (GMT -5)

I don't think North Korea will join in... they're too darn intimidated. They know that if they ever bomb the US, they'll be bombed in return--and the US has more and better bombs. Same standoff as the cold war, basically.

I personally don't think war would be such a bad thing IF (very important IF) Saddam really is hiding weapons or planning terrorism. I say the US government should get some good intelligence people in there and find out. And, if it's true? Go to the UN, tell them what they've found, and go bomb them with everyone's approval.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Möwe
Registered user

Last page view:

6611 days, 9 hours, 12 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 at 04:02 (GMT -5)

Go bomb them? And force them to use their possibly hidden weapons? What would this be good for?
There has to be another way.
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 at 07:30 (GMT -5)

I don't think there is... if there were, trust me, I'd recommend it... because who else would they be planning to use their hidden weapons on? Well, except maybe Israel, and Israel's pretty much an ally of the US anyway.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
C
Registered user

Last page view:

6296 days, 3 hours, 13 minutes and 33 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 24, 2003 at 18:17 (GMT -5)

Yeah that's true (thanks now I will be paranoid about something else) the N. Korea dude said on his birthday (mis-quote) Show hatred to all Americans. (help!) Well something like that.

Benjie
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 at 21:19 (GMT -5)

Here's my opinion:

Now that America basically has made it perfectly clear to the world that they are going to attack Iraq, backing out now will make the country look like pushovers/sell outs/whatever you want to call them, so basically America at this point has no choice EXCEPT to attack Iraq. Now, should Bush have made the statements he already has? No. But at this point, it's too late to back out now. No anti-war protests or speeches or what have you will prevent Bush from getting payback for his daddy. Now, as to what can be done to prevent nuclear holocaust, is questionable. The main focus of worry is in N. Korea, where they have a nuke pointed at our western coast as we speak; Bush has to do whatever the hell is in his power to make sure he doesn't anger N. Korea. Other that that, who knows what to expect next. Maybe we need the A-bomb-proof desks they gave people back in the day...
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 06:08 (GMT -5)

It will take more than the A-bomb proof desk if all hell brakes out.
Bush has dug himself a hole and invasion seems inevitable, if that doesn't stir up the hornets nest then angering into N. Korea will.
I've heard that America not only wants Iraq but also wants to convert Isreal the Greater Isreal under thier control.

LS
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 06:20 (GMT -5)

Israel wouldn't stand for it, they're very independent... they've put up with a hundred times the terrorism America ever did, and won the six-day war besides. Israel is a very tough little country. Chances are they'd fight to the death if anyone tried to take them over, just my opinion.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1657 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 06:40 (GMT -5)

I really don't care to much about the war as I'm a 4F american. Here are my thoughts though.

Bush dug himself a hole with all of hiss hellraising. War will be inevitable. A few places in the U.S will be hit and, as a country, we will be royally pissed. (basically, it'll be a game of tag until someone pissess the other off enough to detonate bombs or give smallpox.)

I'm EXTREMELY isolationist when it comes to polotics so I think that the U.S should learn to be self sufficiant and to QUIT FUCKING AROUND IN EVERYONE ELSE'S BUSINESS!!!

I hate this fucking country and the dickheads who get elected to office. I really do. I know I'll get flak for "not doing something about it" but fuck 'em. It ain't my country. I can just as easily move (I feel similarilly about religion and, now that I think of it, everything else in general.) I hold no alleigances to this disasterously run country or any for that matter.

I'm begginning to babble again so adieu

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 2/26/2003 at 06:42 (GMT -5) by Ryan Klein]
Caladriel
Registered user

Last page view:

4699 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes and 38 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 10:20 (GMT -5)

Benjie: N Korea doesn't have weapons that can reach us. They want to rule S Korea, so I doubt they would nuke it (so long as S. Korea refuses to allow itself to be used as a base of ops). Doesn't China still supply them with weapons? If so, China is safe. Our worry is them training the weapons on Japan (whom they hate)

Iridia: Don't forget that much of Israel's "toughness" comes from the arms and equipment that the U.S. supplies. We do that because Israel is our political foothold in the MidEast. If we do go to war with Iraq, we will see how strong our control of Israel is.

Ryan: "Hate" is a rather strong word. If I hated a country, I would move. What keeps you here?

How Isolationist are you? Extreme isolationists almost kept us from interfering with the genocide of Jews in Germany and the genocide of Muslims in Bosnia/Hergovinia.
Portrait
Ryan Klein
Registered user
Because I said so is why!

Last page view:

1657 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 11:21 (GMT -5)

I guess "detest the way it's being run" would be a bit more accurate. I was on a tangeant.

I'm 19 and on disability. It's hard to move under those conditions.

I'm more isolationist than we were in nazi germany. It ain't bad news unless it's happening to us.

I feel that the best way to run the U.S would have been to stay away from all of the political brooha and stay self sufficiant. I say would have been because we're in too deep a hole with all of the shit on our plates now.

I'm against war on principal. I hate unnecessary death (especially when it can be avoided,) and extreme isolationism would have allowed our country to fix it's own problems (crime, drugs, hippies (ick)

I feel that the U.S has dug itself into a hole both financially and morally. We are "one of the only countries where some people are lucky to get bones for dinner and other people eat a huge meal and puke it up intentionally" 'George Carlin' (stupid quote but it gets the point across)

Wars cost money. U.S has had a war every 20 years (roughly.) We're talking major debt here and we're still making war.

"we will conduct a crusade... axis of evil"

that's what I feel anyways now that I'm awake.

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 16:10 (GMT -5)

Like I said, I don't think anyone is really capable of controlling Israel. The "toughness" I'm referring to is not really referring to our equipping Israel's army; it's mostly training and a very strong sense of nationalism. In Israel, they have a national religion, Judaism, which is the foundation for their existence, so that loyalty to their God means loyalty to their country--a bit like Muslim nations do, actually. I guess it's just a Middle East thing. But more than that, Israel's armed forces are very well-trained. (Incidentally, military service is mandatory for both sexes.) Ever heard of the Mossad? Best in the world, probably. Intelligence has always been one of their strong points.

It's the same sort of nationalism that got the American colonies to win a war against the vastly superior British forces... strategy, skill, a willingness to fight and the ability to do so.

America doesn't want to conquer Israel... Israel has no natural resources, no oil. Just olives, sheep and tourism... and, of course Jerusalem. The people who want to conquer Jerusalem aren't Americans, trust me... they're Muslims who consider the place holy and hate it that Israel has control of it.

I'm rambling... this probably has no bearing on the topic at hand... so I'll go and take a nap now. Don't mind me... *wanders off*

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Vennom
Registered user
Champion of the Undead

Last page view:

7718 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 31 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 at 22:04 (GMT -5)

Honestly, we don't even need Iraq's oil to keep going; I've not studied why all the oil derricks and such were shut down in Texas, Alaska and other places, but if they all started up again, we'd be fine as far as oil goes. (Damn gas prices.)

Personally, I think Bush is a warhawk, and it makes me nervous the way he keeps pushing the war thing. I'd bet there are other behind-the-scenes reasons as to why he wants to fight so bad. ~shrug~

"The dead aren't so bad, once you get to know them."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

7187 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes and 56 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 27, 2003 at 09:14 (GMT -5)

Bush is an idiot, ha-haha-ha-ha-ha-haaa-ha-haha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaa
yo

It's very hard to be humble, when you are great.
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 at 05:24 (GMT -5)

But who is more the fool, Bush for leading foolishly or Blair for foolishly following the fool?

LS
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 at 10:21 (GMT -5)

Bush!

Bush or Blair? (Bush - yes, Blair - no)
Yes  No
Check results

Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 28, 2003 at 17:37 (GMT -5)

I don't think war is such a bad idea... If Saddam is planning to attack the US I have no problem with attacking them first. However, Bush had better be very sure such an attack is planned before he bombs so much as an outhouse.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

3 days, 6 hours, 52 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 at 09:02 (GMT -5)

I think the US schould try to find a middle road... Extremes are never good wether it's isonationism or "imperialism"...

If the US had been less isonationist before the WW's they might never have happened, or at least not become so wide spread. On the other hand a number of bloody wars and dictatorships would not have been around (including Saddam) if the US had been MORE isolationist during the cold war era...

It's hard to find a balance...

A good approach would IMHO to be to take part in the world afairs, as a "equal" partner (yes I know the US is the most powerfull nation in the world so I use the term qeual as loosely as possible, I simply mean they should follow the same "rules" as everyone else).

The US seems to want to make the world into theyr playground and they see the UN as little more than an anoyance. I'm sure they mean well, but the somewhat patronising "our way or the highway" approach have a tendency to piss people off. A lot of the anti-US sentiment around the world is rather "childish" and "spitefull", but the US could do a lot to reduce it by simply not constantly taking it for granted that the world is here to serve US interests abowe everyting else...

I would like nothing more than having Sadadm and his ilk removed, it's just the way it's beeng done that upset me... They seem to be willing to set aside what little international law/presidence there is on these matters...

War is not to be taken lightly, sometimes it's nessesary, but Saddam seems to be reluctalty cooperating a little bit, and going to war now would send the wrong message and make sure no one will willingly disarm in the future because they think the US will attack them either way...

If the reason is to liberate the Iraqi people, then fine. But then say so plainly, and be prepated to deal with all the other dictators in the world once you are done with him too...

Frankly I think this war is more about Bush wanting to keep his popularity back home than doing "the right thing"...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
J.
Registered user
You'll never get rid of me

Last page view:

5666 days, 22 hours, 3 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, March 01, 2003 at 16:29 (GMT -5)

I believe that the war could be prevented and I think any war that could be prevented is utter waste of time, effort and most of all human lives.

Funny how US and GB and all want to go and bomb Iraq now when back in the day when Iran was the bigger trouble the western countries were the ones selling weapons to Iraq. I saw a document a while ago which explained how the french sold Iraq it's first nuclear plant and the english sold them fighters, germans built chemical plants there and americans sold them viruses and bacteria among missiles and other armament(though they weren't used for weapons 30 years ago). How do you say it? You weep what you sow?
If you're feeling happy, don't worry, it'll go away.

Originally posted by noob: "I'm everytime amazed how you people know to exploit every single little bug (or not-bug) for elaborated scumming tatics even if the feature seems completely useless or bad."
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 11:04 (GMT -5)

if Iraq has chem. or eco-weapons, than US troops gonna have very fine time there...

Botched
Registered user

Last page view:

7648 days, 20 hours and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2003 at 11:23 (GMT -5)

sadly bush and saddam remind me of little kids and the ever infamous "i dare you". saddam is daring bush to go to war and whats even worse is that bush is willing to do it. if bush wins at the war with iraq kills saddam and destroys all the weapons his popularity will soar but if he kills thousands of innocents and soldiers and does not kill saddam or destroy all the weapons he will be made to look like a monster and his popularity will plummet. "it is only after the battles that we truly realise the cost it takes to wage them." -unknown but i think if saddam does have chemical or biological weapons than we should be a bit more careful how we proceed in this. a biological virus can kill more than a platoon of troops. it might spread to another country and leave the US to blame. but i do agree that the US should stop acting all high and mighty and make the other countrys in the UN feel like there on equal footing in votes as we are. remember the more powerful a country gets the more weaknesses and problems it has. just my 2 cents. -Botched
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6971 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes and 16 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, March 03, 2003 at 15:55 (GMT -5)

Bush is a stupid peasant. And some stupid people made him run the most powerful country in the world. That's so stupid that it is terrible. He should be cowboy - he's just as smart to be one. Poor cows anyway.

Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 05:08 (GMT -5)

Too late! America has just fired the first shots of the second gulf war hitting several key surface-to-surface targets in Iraq in the no fly zone to prepare for ground invasion.
Also deverstating American B52 bombers arrived yesterday in Britain ready to fly into further bombing missions.
Looks like this is really going to happen when it clearly shouldn't be. No wars should be carried out without the full approval of the UN and especially with so many against it. Ohh, why do grown ups always have to fight!

LS
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 06:54 (GMT -5)

Guinea, duh... you mean US citizens? :)
And what makes me mad - on another conference of EU they are talking about war crimes in Chechnya! Ha, rights of f? Of f terrorists who are killing innocents? No, they must be killed in the most horrible way ever invented! And f Rudolph Bindig, f hard. Stupid!!!!
And maybe we shall talk about some US war crimes, eh?

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/4/2003 at 14:30 (GMT -5) by eL]
Portrait
Luke
Registered user
Apprentice

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 07:46 (GMT -5)

eL, try and clean up your post a little I'm sure Jan wouldn't approve of your swearing.

LS
eL
Registered user
Long lost brother

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2003 at 14:29 (GMT -5)

because i was angry. Sorry

Go to page 1 2

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: